Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
The tech looks too advanced for 10 years before TOS, 10 years after or 10 years before TNG maybe but not before. The uniforms look too slick too, although they look like they'd fit into the JJ Verse quite well. Then there's the Klingons, it looks like our worst fears about those leaked pics are true.

The tech looks too advanced for 10 years before TOS, 10 years after or 10 years before TNG maybe but not before. The uniforms look too slick too, although they look like they'd fit into the JJ Verse quite well. Then there's the Klingons, it looks like our worst fears about those leaked pics are true.

Yeah, they look like JJ Klingons. The ships look like JJ ships. The bridge looks like JJ bridges. The uniforms look like JJ uniforms. Even the iconography of the title card looks like JJ's.

Netflix trailer with slightly re-edited footage, color palette and a weird song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been saying all along the show likely should be placed in the new universe. A show that could even remotely have the correct aesthetics to appear to be 10 years before TOS would look so anachronistic compared to modern sic-fi TV.

Even the visual warp bubble at the 39sec mark of the trailer looks like JJ. I don't know how they're calling this part of the prime universe.

They really need to TURN ON THE /(&¤/#"(/¤%"#(¤%(#"%¤("#% (at least four more) LIGHTS on that bridge!

I am seriously tired of dark-lit and moody SciFi right now. If there's one thing Trek shouldn't look like, it's moody and desaturated. Even Abrams knew enough not to mess up Trek with lots of monochrome color grading. I'm just glad we have the likes of James Gunn and Seth MacFarlane to keep things colorful.

It looks sleek and glossy but truly appears to lack much Trek continuity and seems to me to be just another different sci-fi show altogether that bought the name Star Trek to head it.
I'm not saying it won't be good, but it sure doesn't feel like Trek to me. If those Bat-lizard creatures are supposed to be Klingons, I'm shaking my head in denial. Did they lift this look right out of ST Nemesis/ (Shinzon)?

I've been in modern day houses that look more advanced that the TOS set. You can't limit any new show to that level. Now if they're going warp 12, you've got a point.

Excuse me, I have to go find something to barf in.

that's not positive! let me get that happy go lucky kitty from the lego movie to sick on you ;o)..

but yeah. another series ruined by modern execs who know and care nothing about the source material.

this looks terrible.

and also, is ANYONE else tired of that 'BVVRRMMMMMMM' sound effect used when things slow down yet?

it's been in every trailer since transformers at least.

Just an observation, but neither of these trailers actually features the USS Discovery.

THIS is the USS Discovery.

18527676_1436508389748970_5763091032625421910_n_zpsjkggkhdh.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back