New to foam and here's BATMAN WIP

Here's a photoshopped pic of the first time I wore the costume. I'm still working on another cowl with some mods that will make it a little nicer. Also I found I need to touch up some things here and there. Anyway...Its been almost a year in the making. I was happy to put it on! More and better pics soon.
MEbat_cave.jpg
MEand_kid.jpg

Here's another pic that's a bit sharper. It captures some of the details a little better...

Attachments

• IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 185
Cut them out of the 5mm foam pieces. Like grooves not all the way through. I drew my lines and made sure I was VERY careful to be precise all the way down the pieces. I thought that was the easiest way to get very consistent equidistant lines. Then I cut out the channels with an xacto. I don't think I explained that very well. Maybe it s a "show me" kind thing. I'm sure you could cut out each rib and glue it to a backing piece. I think it would be harder to keep the lines equidistant tho. A laser cutter would surely do the trick as far the precision that is needed for the clean and uniform lines.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back