Nike releasing Marty McFly Bruins on 10/21

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well they're not the new Mags, but Nike will release Marty's Bruins on Future Day, sans Nike logo on the back (just like in the movie).

http://news.nike.com/news/nikelab-bruin-leather

March 18, 1972, the Nike Bruin — complete with autoclave outsoles and suede uppers — made its hardwood debut in Portland’s Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The moment marked the birth of Nike Basketball.

43 years later, NikeLab honors the occasion by releasing the NikeLab Bruin Leather. The new sneaker mimics an iteration of the original Bruin, with full-grain leather upper and cupsoles instead of the archetype suede upper and autoclave outsole. Today, the exclusive silhouette provided by these updates is accented by a bold red swoosh, which is particularly prominent due to the absence of heel tab and tongue markings.

The NikeLab Bruin Leather will be available at NikeLab destinations around the globe, beginning October 21. Follow @nikeLab for specific locations and drop dates.

attachment.php

attachment.php

826670_160_F_PREM_square_1600.png

Attachments

• 826670_160_E_PREM-crop_hd_1600.jpg
    826670_160_E_PREM-crop_hd_1600.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,189
  • 826670_160_D_PREM_square_1600.png
    826670_160_D_PREM_square_1600.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,002
Last edited by a moderator:
****. All sold out and up to 1000 bucks on eBay. ****ing scalpers

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk 2

yes, ****ing disgraceful.

screw nike.

i hope the chinese do a replica. its easy enough to copy.

what a bunch of timewasters nike are.
screwing the people over.

Are we sure they were actually put up for sale yet and that page isn't just the default for BEFORE they put them up for sale?

-Nick

Are we sure they were actually put up for sale yet and that page isn't just the default for BEFORE they put them up for sale?

-Nick

apparently, they put them in some Nike Lab stores worldwide, some of which have online stores.
all are sold out apparently.

pathetic really.
you would think they could at least offer it on the nikelab website.

its not on the UK site either.
My guess is it was instore only and only on those sites for those specific stores.

absolutely shambolic!

Hopefully they show up here in China. I missed the Kyle Reese Vandals when they were on Nike ID. They ended up on Taobao selling for RRP, so I ended up getting them. If they do show up I'll make sure to post, I don't mind getting people hooked up for cost if I can get them.

I managed to score a pair but only just I originally went on a nikelab site put the shoe in my basket and just after I submitted my cc details it went to out of stock.So after having a major child tantrum I came across the London nikelab store which has no online buying facility gave them a call and they literally only had one pair left which happened to be my size Uk 6 ,and after some sweet talking with the store manager he agreed to save them for me in store but the catch was I had to do I 230 mile round trip to get them from London but glad I did!!!

NikeLab twitter removed the tweet where they said they would be available in stores and on the NikeLab site. I guess that's it. I wasted multiple hours last night keeping an eye on the site and never would've thought some NikeLab stores have their own website which is where they'd be sold from. Those individual sites don't actually show up in the first few pages on a search engine. And the NikeLabs stores in the US that carried them are sold out. Supposedly the shoes were limited to 500. -__-

This is the first time I miss out on some BTTF related thing I really wanted. Now I know how many of you feel. ugh

My HOPE is that the London store sold out of their stock and there would be some available to the rest of the world online. I'm no sneakerhead, but I can't imagine this shoe would be as desirable and lusted after like those ugly a** Yeezy's. Hopefully there will be some left for the fans. And I'd be totally fine with a Chinese version. Are any of those guys still calling the Mag factories? Yeah while you're at it, put in a request for me. Size 12. Sometimes 13.

Just managed to get a pair from taobao.
I had a feeling they might show up. Paid the equivalent of £97 delivered. The listing says they are in Shanghai, but if they are like the Vandals I got, they will be from an ID store in Japan.

I might be able to get some more, the seller is checking the sizes they can get and will get back to me tomorrow.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back