Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
According to the new poster. Han's blaster, in the new film, appears to be built on a M712. Airsoft fans rejoice!!!! :)

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is not a c96

Now the real 712s will also shoot up in price lol!

Real 712s were already crazy expensive. But the good thing is there are a bunch of air soft copies available.

Dan

Too bad your picture isn't zoomable. I can't really tell the difference from the right side of the blaster. Where did you find it? The only picture I could find that shows Han with his blaster semi-clearly is this one...

Those are both artworks, not photographs. Many times, promotional artwork does not represent the actual prop used in a movie. Just something to consider.

I'm wondering why they'd even bother going for that move though. The M712s are so rare... are NFA items, and don't make visual sense. I'm wondering if this artwork is an example of what we're seeing like the Graflex with the antenna and switch in the Finn promo pics....???

I'm hoping tonight's trailer shows us something.

I'm wondering why they'd even bother going for that move though. The M712s are so rare... are NFA items, and don't make visual sense. I'm wondering if this artwork is an example of what we're seeing like the Graflex with the antenna and switch in the Finn promo pics....???

I'm hoping tonight's trailer shows us something.

I doubt they used a real firearm for the prop. Decent airsoft copies are plentiful and cheap. My guess is THAT is why they would use it. That is, assuming the screen used prop IS an M712.

I hope the posters / ads are just artist renderings and the blaster is just the c96 we know and love.

Would someone mind explaining the main differences between the M712 and C96?

The M712 as I know it is full automatic with a detachable magazine. I'm not seeing how we can tell the TFA blaster is a 712 from the above pic though.

The little switch thingie just below the horizontal scope bracket bar and to the top right of the trigger.
img56794064_1.jpg

I doubt they used a real firearm for the prop. Decent airsoft copies are plentiful and cheap. My guess is THAT is why they would use it. That is, assuming the screen used prop IS an M712.

You know what else is hard and expensive to come by? A life size Millenium Falcon. But they got one. I'm thinking obtaining one, two, three, etc.. real M712 isn't a problem.

I'm not so sure I trust artwork for prop reference unless Chris drew it, haha. He's the only SW artist I know of that takes prop accuracy seriously in artwork.
There's allot of SW poster art over the years that has inaccurately portrayed props. Like the artwork that was released before the newest poster in post #5, the Mauser doesn't even appear to have a bull-barrel in that one. Which we know is likely wrong even for this new prop, basing on the Boyega batman photo.

At this point I think the TFA action figure blasters might have it a little more correct than the artwork does. But..who knows, the new mauser could still end up being an m712. We really won't know for sure until the film is released. Plus I'm really hoping there will be some good photos of it in the upcoming TFA visual dictionary. :D

-Carson

Is this version of the Mauser smaller than the c96? the airsoft one is smaller iirc.

They didn't need real Graflex units, but they got those ;)

Graflex units are not tightly controlled fully automatic weapons. This was filmed in the UK, where such things are even MORE tightly controlled.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this version of the Mauser smaller than the c96? the airsoft one is smaller iirc.

Dunno for sure, but I built a "DL-44ish" blaster from an airsoft M712, and wooden grips for a real M712 fit it.

Blank firing live weapons have been used in the film industry in the UK since forever...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back