Lifesize Corporal Dwayne Hicks (Michael Biehn) from ALIENS

postmanpat

Sr Member
Hi all,

Hicks has always been one of my favorite movie characters so a while back I have decided to make a life-size statue of him for my collection. He is almost complete......I just want to further fix up his eye area, little more weathering on straps and armor and a few minor touch-ups. I still also want to get an accurate flooring base but that's a hard thing to locate/source.

The bust is silicone and was purchased from WilySteve. The rest is mostly Spat/Matsu/Nickatron/Noble that I put together myself.

I also made a video of it but please excuse the quality of the mobile phone camera footage. That can be found here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ns3xDYkBnM

If you like Terminator, Star Wars please feel to check out some of my other videos on my channel as well. I made those myself as well so if you have any question regarding the build please feel free to ask. I'd be only too happy to help out.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 871
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 654
  • IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 476
  • IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 588
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,456
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 581
  • IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 743
  • IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Let me just say how amazing your Hicks is mate! I love all of your collection if he ever needs a home I know somewhere he can go...down South:)

Regards
T
A
Z

Obviously the selling point is the likeness, which you have completely hidden under the helmet. The lips and chin look right but I can't see anything else. Personally, I feel this particular character displays better without the helmet anyways.
With that being said, the overall display is outstanding! Where did you find such a perfect mannequin?

Obviously the selling point is the likeness, which you have completely hidden under the helmet. The lips and chin look right but I can't see anything else. Personally, I feel this particular character displays better without the helmet anyways.
With that being said, the overall display is outstanding! Where did you find such a perfect mannequin?

I totally agree. If you have a look at the youtube link that I included you can get a much better look at his face. Alternatively you can search for WilySteve and Hicks bust here as he has posted a thread of his Hicks bust. Fortunately the lower half of this bust is absolutely spot on. The eyes and hair is probably not quiet there as far as likeness but the helmet hides this to perfection......hence why I display it with the helmet on. Not taking anything away from WileySteve..........if anyone has seen his Ripley bust his talent is unquestionable.

The mannequin I got locally. It's what I use for most of my life sizes. I just simply cut them up and modify them to the pose that I want. Hicks didn't need much alterations at all. Here is the mannequin;

http://www.munchkinmannequins.com.au/headless_mannequin.html

Thanks heaps for the feedback. Much appreciated.

One word: AWESOME!I love Hicks..my favorite CM of all time!:):thumbsup
What did you used for the base?

Thanks heaps!! For the base I just used one of those gutters that you see at the end of your driveway. I cut it up and put three rows next to each other within a timber frame. Here is a pic of what I used;
Pro100main.jpg

It's not totally accurate obviously but it displays nicely. I am still on the constant lookout for something more accurate but not many options.

I totally agree. If you have a look at the youtube link that I included you can get a much better look at his face. Alternatively you can search for WilySteve and Hicks bust here as he has posted a thread of his Hicks bust. Fortunately the lower half of this bust is absolutely spot on. The eyes and hair is probably not quiet there as far as likeness but the helmet hides this to perfection......hence why I display it with the helmet on. Not taking anything away from WileySteve..........if anyone has seen his Ripley bust his talent is unquestionable.

The mannequin I got locally. It's what I use for most of my life sizes. I just simply cut them up and modify them to the pose that I want. Hicks didn't need much alterations at all. Here is the mannequin;

http://www.munchkinmannequins.com.au/headless_mannequin.html

Thanks heaps for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Plus, if you go helmet-less, and want to maintain screen accuracy, you would need to get rid of the shotgun sheath, ditch the shoulder lamp, and source a racal headset. All those items are beautiful and would be a shame to hide them just to expose the hair.

Personally, the "pre-crap-hits-the-fan" Hicks is my favorite Hicks. I LOVE this.

*Side note, don't forget the "Non-Toxic" written on the ab-pad! It is never featured where it is obvious, but it is visible in the scene where Frost first detects Newt with the motion tracker. When Frost says "Yo hicks" and he walks over to examine the tracker, it is visible there!

Overall, BEAUTIFUL

*Side note, don't forget the "Non-Toxic" written on the ab-pad! It is never featured where it is obvious, but it is visible in the scene where Frost first detects Newt with the motion tracker. When Frost says "Yo hicks" and he walks over to examine the tracker, it is visible there!

Overall, BEAUTIFUL

Thanks heaps mate. Much appreciated. Thanks heaps also for the heads up regarding the non-toxic on the ab pad. I'll check out that scene and will definitely add it to Hicks.

i remember seeing it on youtube, didnt figure it went from a fella here. Great congrats on this 1:1. (except the curious teeth/eyes) it's an impressive set & details !

i remember seeing it on youtube, didnt figure it went from a fella here. Great congrats on this 1:1. (except the curious teeth/eyes) it's an impressive set & details !

Thanks heaps mate. Since I posted these pics I drilled out his resin teeth and put in some proper denture acrylic ones. I sat them a bit higher so not as much teeth showed and it looked infinitely more natural. I also fixed up the eyes a fair but. Unfortunately I never took pics and have traded the whole statue for a few cool items including a Michael Biehn autographed set of armor which I am in currently putting together as a nice little display. No Hicks bust this time though....just armor.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back