Bryar Pistol: My Final Design

View attachment 546355
Does anyone think that this blaster looks incredibly similar to the one Rey is using in the new TFA trailer?

Yeah I thought exactly that, Rey's blaster has a longer barrel:

http://legionofleia.com/wp-content/...-_6_-_Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens-534x267.jpg

but as Lichtbringer says Katarn's pistol was a cut down rifle so maybe we're seeing a new canon Bryar pistol here, either way when they release a toy of it we'll have a good base for making Bryar pistols :lol

WOW!!! I must have missed that on the Rey figure... thank you for the pic, I thought it looked kind of similar - what a cool easter egg if this was an intentional design inclusion.

I posted an image of the pistol back in September because thought it was cool. It inspired me to start a thread about the TFA blasters: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246459

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    966 KB · Views: 155
Bit of a necropost on my own thread, but I've started working on it again :) Here's my weathered copper "heat sink":

29458D61-3458-433A-BFA4-8F8B81F6B8EA_zpscdzul0ok.jpg

A693202F-6A00-4CAB-B57B-1FE54BDDB24F_zpsjvjo3zok.jpg

I plan on polishing it a little on the buffing wheel and gloss clear coating it to make it look taken care of but not super deep cleaned; the thing is 20 years old by Jedi Knight, the version I'm making ::

Awesome! I've loved this blaster since playing through the game nearly 20 years ago, I'm so glad to see your stellar work on it.

Just now seeing this thread. Well done. For years mine was heavily copied, but this blows my Airsoft Mod away. Excellent research and recreation, given the limited references.

~ Bill Costigan (Koda Vonnor)

Just now seeing this thread. Well done. For years mine was heavily copied, but this blows my Airsoft Mod away. Excellent research and recreation, given the limited references.

~ Bill Costigan (Koda Vonnor)

Well thank you! That's great to hear from the creator of the Bryar that most people consider to be the definitive version :D

Thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to post the process here.
I love both yours and Koda Vonnor's designs but it wasn't until I saw yours that I realized how different they actually are.
Aside from the profile image, the full blaster is VERY hard to see in the cinematics and seeing it from those unseen angles gives it a whole new dimension.

Been a looooong time AGAIN since I posted about this but I think what I'm gonna call the prototype is finally finished :D

DSC_4468.JPGDSC_4463.JPGDSC_4464.JPG

I'll probably be starting an interest thread for a run of these at some point, ideally CNC machined but unlikely given the cost and the number of people who'd be interested so more likely cast resin or straight up 3d printed kits...

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a looooong time AGAIN since I posted about this but I think what I'm gonna call the prototype is finally finished :D

View attachment 709874View attachment 709877View attachment 709878

https://youtu.be/cAvA4-tDMUI

I'll probably be starting an interest thread for a run of these at some point, ideally CNC machined but unlikely given the cost and the number of people who'd be interested so more likely cast resin or straight up 3d printed kits...
I love it! Beautiful work!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back