SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

I just purchased my own 3D Printer!! WOO HOO!!! Now I can print the parts I need at will!

Should arrive in about 3 days. I am excited because I have designed a complete interior support structure for my falcon that will allow me to mount it on my panavise mount and be easily removable! So that I can take it off the stand and hang it or maybe add landing gear someday. I need to print a test copy of my design to make sure it works. I will post pics of it sometime soon.

Congrats! I'm sure some of us will help you pay for the cost of that by purchasing your parts.

Hello all

Great work...I am totally stunned! I was checking out secomd hand market places on the web here and found a Hasbro one for 35EUR...now waiting for it to arrive. Togther with the Bandai that's also in the mail I should have a long journey ahead of me...:)

thanks
Uwe

On the missing panels did you sand/shave off the existing blisters that were on there and then replace them once you put the new panels on? For instance ZU has two small ones from the factory, that I'm assuming you would cut off and then replace them with the same sign board used for the panels.

On the missing panels did you sand/shave off the existing blisters that were on there and then replace them once you put the new panels on? For instance ZU has two small ones from the factory, that I'm assuming you would cut off and then replace them with the same sign board used for the panels.

Yes I did have to remove those blisters from ZU. But I believe those were the only 2 I had to remove. There weren't any on the rest that I did.

To remove them I just used a single edge rectangular razor blade and they came right off.

I figured that was all that had to be done, I'm slowly working my way around to those panels. Took a break from it yesterday and messed with trying to draw up one of the mandible pits in Sketchup but I think I'm going to try and find a different software.

Yes I did have to remove those blisters from ZU. But I believe those were the only 2 I had to remove. There weren't any on the rest that I did.

To remove them I just used a single edge rectangular razor blade and they came right off.

I figured that was all that had to be done, I'm slowly working my way around to those panels. Took a break from it yesterday and messed with trying to draw up one of the mandible pits in Sketchup but I think I'm going to try and find a different software.

FYI I have created a template for the panels if anyone is interested. I am still trying to figure out the best way to prepare them for people. Hoping to print them right on styrene plastic but not sure if it will work or not.

Printed on sticker paper should make the work easier... easier to "mail" too.
r/ Robert

Great build and can't wait till it's done. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI I have created a template for the panels if anyone is interested. I am still trying to figure out the best way to prepare them for people. Hoping to print them right on styrene plastic but not sure if it will work or not.

Sounds like a project for Tony. He could print all of these and put them up on shapeways.

Could they be put in a pdf where people could print them out and just put the paper on styrene with repositionable adhesive temporarily to cut them out? Or are you looking for a way to have it already prepared on the styrene?

If that's the case someone with a vinyl plotter may be able to take the file and have the plotter score the shapes out on sheets of styrene so all you would have to do is retrace the scored lines a few times to get them out of the sheet. I'm just guessing this is a possibility, I did something similar for customers at my old job but don't have access to the plotter any longer.

Could also use those hobby cutters (Criquet comes to mind but there is another that is more flexible on the designs it will cut...name escapes me at the moment.)

Just having an accurate template (PDF?) makes it possible for anyone with a printer or cutting machine to be able to create the panels. A mass production initiative would require cutting dies for stamping out the parts on thin sheet plastic. Even thick vinyl could be used...

R/ Robert

Very interested in your templates.

Regarding printing on styrene, I actually went that route when I did my panels. First, spray a cheap, flat, clear coat on the printing side, let it dry, then just run the sheet it through an inkjet as semi-gloss photo paper - worked very nicely I found, with minimal runs.

Well since so many people are interested in the templates I might have to work on making them available. I have been heads down with my new 3d printer and haven't had any time to work on the templates as a result. Good news though! I am up and running with the printer and getting prints that look as good or better than the ones with my last printer! SO WOO HOO!!!

Stay tuned, today is my Birthday and I took the day off (which I always do on my birthday) to hang out and work on some stuff. Specifically updating this page. So in the next hour or 2 I will have a big new update that some of you might be interested in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back