SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

Ok, the next thing I have been working on is replacing all of those missing panels.
2dwhOV8EcX9yGSWtBx9klCM5NtzgdUZsSeXks=w840-h473-no.jpg

oddjob93 suggested that I use standard for sale signs for this (Awesome idea!). Just cut them out and glue them down. Tested the gluing and with the loctite plastics bonding system glue it works awesome!
f0GZez2RRBiAQ-h-Pw3rW953jrKgT3CkxElyI=w840-h473-no.jpg

09dRiQzhqmTYfk4gtbJ1qLuavYofiXnWgZTT4=w840-h473-no.jpg

So I have been just using a large soft lead pencil with some paper and using a standard "rubbing" technique I get the space where the piece needs to fit rubbed onto the paper and then draw out the exact shape I want. Cut that out with an exacto knife and ruler and use that as a template to draw my shape onto the for sale sign. Cut that out and it works like a charm!
yepqFFCverPAzp17oAkeaRfjcIIqYSIsQh-LQ=w840-h473-no.jpg

yOZMlqDlLL4A4D-hwHqy9vobvOckmRmEU-AkI=w840-h473-no.jpg

Biggest issue here is that there are a BOAT LOAD of these to cut out! Currently I count 26 of these on the bottom, and another 40 on the top! And that doesn't count any of the "warts" that I will be cutting out and gluing down. Probably gonna be close to another 75 of those to do also. Fun times are ahead! Here is a shot of what I have cut out so far. 28 down, 38 to go!! Labeling these so I can remember where they go is ESSENTIAL!!
xo8zM0Az4hZPqkUMylsIA7Y4ecchAfLAL-Oofx4xaQ=s840-no.jpg

All of those little squares you see are warts that I will be adding to these parts as I glue them into place.

Last edited:

Oh man....that does NOT sound like a fun time.

I think that if I were to ever do this model I'd hire an assistant....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yet another update! I mentioned before that I was working on a replacement radar dish frame. Here is what I came up with.
These are the parts that comprises it.

Here it is assembled. As you can see it has the ability to rotate.

You can see here how I cut off the old dish frame. The new one fits perfectly in place!

That's the radar dish frame! I will post more pics once I actually glue it all together and put it in place.

Last edited:

Here are the realized docking bay grates and hatch. Turned out pretty good. I was originally hoping to cut these out to give them some depth but after examining the model I realized there were too many large supports directly beneath them and decided it wasn't worth the hassle to try to fix it. So they will just sit on top. Still looks pretty good I think! Let me know what you think!
7yQUYrJgEMJ6eUoc31fF5uL6l9bMwp1QWVzOg=w840-h473-no.jpg

eHnrn3tqZbSzE-ehWgUhfY2gwx9jH7Apd-EU8=w840-h473-no.jpg

_aYQGRuWYHFyZSl1McrS3PA5VNpX35WtI4Ggw=w840-h473-no.jpg

Also made this little greeblie part that was clearly missing from the Hasbro model.
N0kdGBXrcdGpwbI_sUrY4w5_yfhFChFDmx-do=w840-h473-no.jpg

Last edited:

WOW! I gave this ole girl a try, but the plastic turned out to be my nemeses so I gleefully abandoned it and jumped on board the Deagostini train. You are doing an excellent job on the falcon. Those sidewalls look awesome! I can't wait to see more of this.

Thanks! Yeah the plastic sucks to work with but once you know a few tricks it gets better.

WOW! I gave this ole girl a try, but the plastic turned out to be my nemeses so I gleefully abandoned it and jumped on board the Deagostini train. You are doing an excellent job on the falcon. Those sidewalls look awesome! I can't wait to see more of this.

Dang! to bad I don't have time and space for big Falcon. Really like what you're doing with this one:thumbsup

Ok time for another update! This time some more 3d printed goodness!!

Here are the inside mandible parts I printed. They will go on the inside of the mandibles after I shave off all of the detail that the Falcon comes with in there...which is not much. But enough to be annoying when I try to remove it all!

Last edited:

And here are the landing gear doors all finished up and the spaces for them cut out! These turned out really nice!
Yn9CDNTyL0wf2so94ZcYK-lHEK7UIhObMyDs=w840-h1494-no.jpg

-elm-O-41n1E-O_JCAv2WCUaZTabpyxvSpwrI=w840-h473-no.jpg

eizlEXLCap-rl6TpGG0-NZ4sYEA9q4CWNM4mM=w840-h473-no.jpg

It's gonna take a little putty to fill in the spaces around them but it should still work pretty well.
B4MLiV5dQxCDfwouX_dhu6MfYmE8sxhLg_TGY=w840-h473-no.jpg

Last edited:

Let me be the first to say that I purchased a complete set of Falcon parts from SirCharles77 and the masterful build and fine detail on each piece is quite simply outstanding with a solid quality feel to each piece. A highly detailed picture filled PDF file gives exact information on placement that is more precise than what comes with most models!

Do not hesitate to buy these upgrades from SirCharles77 for your Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon!!

Thanks man I appreciate it!!

Let me be the first to say that I purchased a complete set of Falcon parts from SirCharles77 and the masterful build and fine detail on each piece is quite simply outstanding with a solid quality feel to each piece. A highly detailed picture filled PDF file gives exact information on placement that is more precise than what comes with most models!

Do not hesitate to buy these upgrades from SirCharles77 for your Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon!!

Ok well its been a few weeks again since I did an update. So here is what I have been up to.

At this point I pretty much have all of the 3d printed parts that I want finished and printed out. Except for one. The hardest one. The rear engine assembly!!

So I have been looking online at ALL of the different Falcon models, the 32" Filming model, the 5' Filming model, the Master Replicas, 1/72 and 1/44 scale kits and a whole bunch of peoples own designs and projects. I have not seen a rear engine design that I am satisfied with yet.

From what I can tell there has never been an OFFICIAL design for this aspect of the Falcon.

Since all of the original filming models just basically had a flat plane across their back that was composited in post to add the glow, and none of the real-life scale movie sets (Like the ESB Echo Base set) that I have been able to find showed that part of the falcon I assume there is not an official design for the original Falcon.

So I therefore deduce that the design they are showing in the new movie transcends into Episodes IV-VI. Going under the assumption that in the 30 years after ROTJ they didn't completely gut the engines on the Falcon and rebuild them. Also, knowing that for the new Battlefront game Dice was in close contact with Disney and Lucasfilm for building their models, I am also going to assume that the Falcon engine in that 3d game model is based on the design they came up with for TFA. (I have no basis to this idea other than when comparing them there are similarities I can see where that may have been the case.)

Therefore I am designing my engine assembly based on what I see in TFA and Battlefront.

In this shot from the trailer you can start to actually see some of the detail they have in the engines. I was noticing that it has 43 vertical lines in the outside grate, and it appears that there are some vertical slats deeper inside that don't perfectly match up to the number of vertical grates.
u_Uv3KOiK0bSQR70xz97j5Fg=w1855-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Now comparing that to this screen shot I grabbed from Battlefront you can see that it also has 43 vertical lines on the grate. But more importantly you can see that on the inside there appears to be a solid black line that runs the width of the engine opening and in a few places clearly see the shape of the slats.
HFp1k2H6gQp2BK6XPfvgFidMA=w1132-h448-no?authuser=0.jpg

So from those images and several others I looked at I did this quick sketch showing the design I believe is pretty accurate to what the official falcon engine assembly would look like.
dG3eYj-d8AviWl1yh01QBQscg=w730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Now that I had that figured out I started modeling out a 3d version of this. I built it with space to add some lights and so that it would fit into the Hasbro Falcon in a way that its design would give support to the opening since to replace that flat plane would take out 5 major supports on the model.

So here are all of the parts from my final design.
J1vpExSVxafXV-6qwVqje2Mw=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Here are the top and bottom parts of the right side glued together:
WQU_TiBVfBUlt1SGkvi-Nxsg=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

The final assembly of the right side of the engine:
tfJqtjaleSiw95O9FLhIfjbQ=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

i5idp9cbORQohKh2qV3ckApA=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

xvKTkaiCggxXq1QlPUIzolqg=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Here I have cut out the space for it and placed it into the Falcon. Fits like a glove!!
kYqJ5lLlFRnrgf88O1nGCi5w=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

CqHe9oeyHeiIlNDyGEbbbfdA=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

And with the lid on it.
HF7ajKDnK-Y1b7uRhNU2cblw=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

And with the top of the Falcon in place:
eje7qCVNxbfx7M7fTzNgr_CA=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

pWRPrskpH7nKNuiYTilgkCSg=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

So the next step was to build the other side. I noticed that the white ABS allowed a lot of light to leak so I printed the other side in black to see if that helped. Here is the entire assembly opened up with the 12 LED light bar placed in it so you can see how it works.
F8vAkwTj2GoRXaBXZ1DFhH1Q=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

As you can see here, the black ABS clearly blocks a lot more light!
bF9mcVvelZ4tu6E5akNqyCBg=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

1qRmruU1WX0tUIATWHCdJKjA=w2306-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

The one part that is missing is that on the back of the slats support, where the light is going to push through I needed to add something like a frosted clear plastic to diffuse the light. For now I did this by just cutting out the shapes from a milk carton. But in the end I think I am going to get some thin acrylic or styrene strips and lightly sand them on one side with a high grit sandpaper to give them a frosted look.

Here is a link to a video I made of it that shows how it looks a bit better.

After doing some tests with painting, I have decided to print it in white ABS, and then paint the outside of the assembly black so that I can control where the light leaks and where it doesn't. I think that will allow me to give it a better look. As both of the sides above (all black and all white) have issues with how it directs the light. Once I get it all finally assembled, painted and glued together I will post more pics to show the final effect.

Curious what you all think of this plan! Can't wait to hear your ideas on how to make this better and also what you think of making it like The Force Awakens and Battlefront!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Stunning work once again.
i love the conversion pieces alreadyI bought from you
and I am up for this. One question.
Where and when do I pay!

That looks awesome! I'd totally forgotten I'd need to address the engines at some point...

Thanks for all your praise! Datfly I just sent you a pm. Anyone else interested in purchasing this send me a pm and we can discuss.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back