EFx injection molded Vader ANH

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys!!

I was at this past weekends New York ComicCon and I visited the EFX booth. I'm not sure if you already knew about this since I havent seen anything on it online or on this forum, but they had on display an injection molded plastic Vader from ANH. Its the same idea as their lower priced stormtrooper. However this one looked amazingly good FOR WHAT IT IS (obviously). Considering what Don Post tried to do with their classic action Vader (which has a ton of potential when in talented hands) and Rubies attempt, this is definitely a step up in quality and accuracy. The price however I was told will be around the $400 mark.

Anyways I just wanted to share these images and information with you all. Feel free to share your thoughts on it or if you have more information on it let us know.

IMG_0108.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0109.jpg IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg

Very nice, hopefully will be released in this decade. I'm waiting to see the other items EFX promised us

And still don't get why EFX made a Legend and a LE instead of making just the Legend, have a higher edition and available everywhere, and then release this PCR version. Oh well, unknown are the ways of EFX.

I know this might sound partly self serving (it's not intended to) but when you consider the fan made options that are available at a not too dissimilar price point, $400 for that is crazy. The CE trooper was what, $120?

How about eFX show something, make it and deliver it before announcing something new? If I had an order in for something with them that has been delayed for months if not years by now and saw this, I'd be raging.

Purely speculation as I have no internal knowledge of eFx or what a company holding a license is like to run,,,

I don't think this Vader helmet is voluntarily on their priority list. However I think that items like this Vader helmet and the recently announced Deathstar tiles are being developed because the process to manufacture them is cheaper and quicker than other current items in development. I know that some licenses have a clause about the amount of product a company must release within a certain timeframe or it voids the licenses (this may not apply to eFx for reasons stated above). Or the ease of producing and releasing these items are in response to negative feedback in regards to lack of products by fans.

Like I said... purely speculation.

This is the ANH Darth Vader helmet PCR.
It was made from a scan of the Legend master and will be injection molded.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the initial prototype as from several feet away it could just about pass for one of the fiberglass limited versions.
The helmet in the pics was the first attempt so improvements have already been made such as the widows peak, chin triangle cutout, and return edges on the dome. The paint job will be better and the lenses and mesh are just temporary stand-ins.

The price point for this piece is estimated to be $299
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

This is the ANH Darth Vader helmet PCR.
It was made from a scan of the Legend master and will be injection molded.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the initial prototype as from several feet away it could just about pass for one of the fiberglass limited versions.
The helmet in the pics was the first attempt so improvements have already been made such as the widows peak, chin triangle cutout, and return edges on the dome. The paint job will be better and the lenses and mesh are just temporary stand-ins.

The price point for this piece is estimated to be $299
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

That's all fine and dandy, but where are our scout helmets that we've all paid for already!? Why are existing SOLD products not even seeing the light of day?

Its simply a shame that this company don't have the balls to tell their customers whats going on with their long ordered and paid stuff....i really hope they will loose their license.

And you wonder why we don't post updates here.

Actually, updates would RULE. Even if something to the effect of "Hey guys, we're still in a holding pattern on the manufacturer. We've been in contact and are waiting some things to be fixed so we can deliver."

even if it was something as simple as that every couple of weeks...

That would be HUGE to the customers. Vs. general silence and assumed indifference.

Even, something like: "the Scouts are held up due to overseas holidays, but we're working hard on getting the Y wing ready for production..."

etc. etc.

I thought EFX hired a PR person who was supposed to fill this role? Why haven't we heard anything on that front as customers? It's really not that difficult to just pay your paying customers back with a little communication. We're not asking for Short stories in your updates... just SOMETHING

And you wonder why we don't post updates here.

What a silly comment. People wouldn't make such posts if you would post updates. Why is everyone pissed because of eFX?? Taking peoples money for years deliver nothing and then leave them back in the dark because of an absolutely non info politic. Do you think your customers don't deserve regulary updates if you work with their money??

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back