How would I make a Smoking Skull prop for my Papa Shango costume?

rench san

Hi first time poster here! Hope this is in the appropriate section.

So I've decided to dress as the old WWF wrestler Papa Shango, a witch doctor that would curse opponents with voodoo. He always carried this awesome skull on a chain that would smoke as he carried it to the ring. I have no clue as to how I could replicate something like this in a safe manner. My only ebay searches for smoke bombs came up with BIG DESTROYER Rodent bombs, which is probably a bit overkill. Any help would be appreciated!

Here's a video to show the effect I'm going for.
https://youtu.be/Gv-Kluthvxk?t=21s

I don't really have much to add but whenever I hear Papa Shango, I think of when the Ultimate Warrior threw up cream corn because of a curse put on him. Good luck with your build.

Go to your local costume/magic shop. They should carry a 2 part Smoke Solution. When the 2 liquids are close together, the fumes form smoke. I used to soak 2 cotton balls in each part, and could roll them together in my hands (with gloves) to produce a good amount of smoke. If I remember right, one of the parts was diluted acetic acid, but I could be wrong.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back