Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

David, do you recall any of the specifics (type, brand, retailer, etc.) on the O Rings that you used?

As promised....

oring.jpg

There were two different sizes in the pack... I used the smaller set...

image.jpg

Any thoughts on the one on the block right now at that auction site?

Observations:
No red S and no pics of where the under shroud engraved number should be.
Also noticed there's no name plate on the back of the flash dish.

Other than that, it looks legit, but I'm no expert.

Any experts care to weigh in?

There is an MPP on Ebay right now already over $600. Someone needs to make a replica run ASAP. Roman,..hello,...are you there???????

Tom

Yes its similar to one I have, which I've kept back in case I get rich and stumble on a Webley. The letting is etched, the plate is no where as neat, there is no serial number and the end cap black piece has no rings. In addition its very slightly larger. The bulb holder will fit another i.e. with serial but they don't so well the other way round.

There is an MPP on Ebay right now already over $600. Someone needs to make a replica run ASAP. Roman,..hello,...are you there???????

Another source for a replica MPP would be great. I'm working on accurizing my already converted Heiland with MR FX parts(pics forthcoming) but since I have my MR ESB Vader, I'm not sure how long it will 'satisfy' me knowing its still just a Heiland.

And on that note, has anyone ever tried to fit a card under the bubbles on an MR ESB Vader? I'm not sure I want to attempt it lol, even though it looks pretty good(as well as more accurate), with it.

This thread prompted me to dig out my MPP and get a replacement shroud (had two step)and wires from Roy. I'm not well up on the variations but it has the rings on the end cap, glue residue on the inner sleeve, straight side bars and what I presume is a small B port. It also has a red dot on the shround, button and sleeve, here are some pics.

I have one with the white button also:

mpp 02.jpg

It's kind of a weird, waxy-looking plastic - nylon, maybe?

I bought this flash from British RPF member Vos probably about 6 years ago. The clamp is a reproduction - one of those without the plastic sleeve.

I have one with the white button also:

View attachment 563640

It's kind of a weird, waxy-looking plastic - nylon, maybe?

I bought this flash from British RPF member Vos probably about 6 years ago. The clamp is a reproduction - one of those without the plastic sleeve.

Are you sure the clamp is repro? My previous MPP was missing the sleeve, but was definitely the real deal. Your MPP looks great regardless!

Are you sure the clamp is repro? My previous MPP was missing the sleeve, but was definitely the real deal.

Well, he told me it was a repro at the time... and I didn't have any reason to doubt him. Perhaps I'll take some pics of just the clamp, and we can all debate ;)

Your MPP looks great regardless!

Thanks! It's actually been languishing in a box since I got a better one a few years later. I had intended to sell it off, but I'm lazy... and now I've decided to keep it and turn it into an ESB version.

So while I was set up to photograph my completed V2, I also snapped some pics of the MPP clamp in question...

clamp01.jpg clamp02.jpg clamp03.jpg clamp04.jpg

clamp05.jpg

I honestly have no idea how you guys can tell the difference :lol

As you might be able to see, the clamp itself is rather thick steel. The plating on the sidebars isn't the greatest - there's some minor bubbling in a couple spots.

Opinions?

Don't take my word for it because I'm not an expert on MPP's but the black paint on the clamp's steel does look suspicious. And I agree the sidebars also look kind of suspicious as I haven't personally seen the tapered silver bars before.

Don't take my word for it because I'm not an expert on MPP's but the black paint on the clamp's steel does look suspicious. And I agree the sidebars also look kind of suspicious as I haven't personally seen the tapered silver bars before.
Yeah, I agree - the paint appears to be too new. Plus, I've never seen silver tapered bars before either (and I'm clearly no expert).

A very good picture of the original prop I found on google.
We can see how thin the white and blue wire are.
I cheched many details, and it's the same prop as the "museum ep 6 lightsaber, but seems the picture would be older (not as damaged on this picture)

ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_4.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back