Force Awakens Graflex reference

BB8

I am currently awaiting my parts from Roy to build my first saber. I decided to do the Force Awakens because I like elements from both ANH and ESB.
For example I like the "beer tab", and I like the glass eye. I know once the kit arrives I will not have the patience to see TFA before I build it. I also wanted to bring it
to premiere. Anyways, these are the best reference photos I can find. I'm pretty sure the "beer tab" remains. The Electra activator board seems to be the ESB
version. The only thing I can't figure out is how the T-Tracks are in reference to to the apparent rivets. Meaning it seems the "walls' of the T-Track seem very close to
the actual diameter of the rivet. Not like ESB builds where the rivet or screw seem placed closer to the emitter, and the "canyon" on the T-Tracks seem wider.
Any of you geniuses out there with eagle eyes or a way to measure the distance in these reference photos of the "canyon" in the T-Tracks? Thanks in advance.
Also, I don't mind doing the work if you anyone has a program I might look into to scale the picture.

I ain't convertin' NOTHIN' 'til this saber shows up on a tour, on HD behind the scenes footage, or someone here gets some REALLY GOOD in-hand reference. :D

I ain't convertin' NOTHIN' 'til this saber shows up on a tour, on HD behind the scenes footage, or someone here gets some REALLY GOOD in-hand reference. :D
Exactly! Lol

when I get home I got some real high Rez phoTos from the trailer, I think they are booked marked from Chaim's photobucket

OK! Finally got the parts from Roy! Thank you Roy G they look great. Customs apparently opened the package but all was there.
Will start my TFA build. The only thing is I'm not going to actually rivet these on. I'm going to rivet a piece of metal lying around than
cut off the heads. Anyways, here's Roys parts. Super nice. On a side note, my friends friend does indeed have a few flashguns
laying around. I'll head over there and take some pics soon. Hopefully he'll have some other little greeblies besides flashguns too.
BTW, do you think other Graflex bottoms are good to have? A five cell could easily be converted into a 3 cell.

Looks like you're good to go! Enjoy the build.

I think any vintage parts are a good thing to acquire as you never know what you'll want to build in the future.

Sorry for the color board it's not that bright in real life. Will switch to white next. I did the handle all in mylar as Roy was kind enough to provide me with.
I had to trim a very little off the top...or bottom. I suggest using a very sharp blade. I used a new X-acto blade in a block tip, and a triangle tip as well for
the small holes. Mylars a little tricky to work with and can scratch very easily so take your time.

- - - Updated - - -

The reference photo. I aligned the Graflex in the same direction and the orientation of the igniter (circuit board).

Looks like you're good to go! Enjoy the build.

I think any vintage parts are a good thing to acquire as you never know what you'll want to build in the future.

Thanks. I've never built one but it's been fun so far. Yeah your probably right,i've noticed the little glass eye and buttons are stupidly
expensive. It will all die down again after the hype is over.

Nice build ... do you intend to lightly weather that foil around the clamp?

Chaim

Thanks. I have given that some thought. It doesn't look so shiny in real life, but I do think it could be weathered somewhat. I'm open to suggestions as the tape is rather delicate.

It's killing me to NOT convert my Graflex but like others mentioned - we need more reference!

Your build looks good so far, keep it up!

It's killing me to NOT convert my Graflex but like others mentioned - we need more reference!

Your build looks good so far, keep it up!

Yeah, I wish there was a little more reference. I'm fairly sure that the clamp is correct. Thankfully the Mylar tape is not that expensive if I have to change it. Also, from what I see the T-tracks don't look like they slope on the ends at all. I'll just leave them alone until I can verify that. Overall, I don't think I'm taking much risk for a screen accurate build.

The new T track may be 3D printer specifically for the new team. That's how I see it - given the plainness of the profile.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back