Star Wars Ghost

ZombieHellfire

Just a curious question, and please forgive if I have missed the topic somewhere, but has anyone done a scratch build of the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels, or even come across a garage kit? She really is a neat looking ship. All I find online are plenty of folks building their Lego versions out of the box, but no models. Even decent reference material is hard to come by. Maybe that is because the Ghost is a CGI-based model and not physical?

Again, just a thing to toss out and see what sticks. Either way, I'm going to try and give it a go. I may fail, but the attempt is where the fun is.

Fantasy Flight Games is going to release one soon, though it's a pre-painted gaming model at 1:270 scale. I'm guessing about six inches long or so?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/ghost-expansion-pack/

About $50 USD, But you can find this stuff cheaper at on-line stores. Bear in mind it's for a game, so it will come with a bunch of cards and tokens and stuff. Really that's what you're paying for. And it is a really great game if you are into that sort of thing.

FFG does make some pretty nicely detailed models.

Also, there's a smaller, rather less detailed Ghost that's a cake topper.:

http://www.amazon.com/Deco-Pac-Star-Rebels-Topper/dp/B015ZXPO70

I have this one. It's not quite five inches long. If you're going to scratchbuild one, you might get the relatively inexpensive cake topper as a handy reference to the proportions.

--Alex

I saw the Hasbro die cast in Tescos a week or two ago, and did a double take, as it's so clearly based on the Narcissus lifeboat in ALIEN...

I always think it looks like they took insperation from Lifepod from aliens "the narcissus" :
n4.jpg

IMG_4411.JPGIMG_4412.JPG
Just started to have a crack at this for use with 3.75 SW Rebels figures. I've used the Hasbro Phantom ship to get an approx idea of scale but even based on that, this thing will be huge. I've therefore had to reign it back a bit as it would of been over 1 metre long. This is very early days, end of first session!

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed some slight revisions to the ghost ship with season 2 of Rebels. I noticed that the cargo hold and ramp area have been been redesigned slightly -see images 16317619218_1109303fec_o.pngfor the differences:
22012554480_747519e606_o.png

Can you give any more info about this model, it looks like a prototype or scratch built model?
Do you not what scale this ship is or purpose?
Thanks

As I said this is part of new attraction at Disneyland they have taken the downstairs area of what was the innovations building and turned it in to what they are calling the Star Wars Launch Bay. They have meet and greets with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. and have displays of replica props and models form the films. Most are built to the same scale as the original studio scale models. This was part of a display of rebel costumes and models. You can kind of get an idea from this photo.IMG_3845.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

If you would like me too I will get some more photos of the model my next trip to the park. I would be happy to do that actually. This time taking a bit more care in my exposures, and get the best shots I can form as many angles as I can.

Last edited:
Fantasy Flight Games is going to release one soon, though it's a pre-painted gaming model at 1:270 scale. I'm guessing about six inches long or so?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/ghost-expansion-pack/

About $50 USD, But you can find this stuff cheaper at on-line stores. Bear in mind it's for a game, so it will come with a bunch of cards and tokens and stuff. Really that's what you're paying for. And it is a really great game if you are into that sort of thing.

FFG does make some pretty nicely detailed models.

Also, there's a smaller, rather less detailed Ghost that's a cake topper.:

http://www.amazon.com/Deco-Pac-Star-Rebels-Topper/dp/B015ZXPO70

I have this one. It's not quite five inches long. If you're going to scratchbuild one, you might get the relatively inexpensive cake topper as a handy reference to the proportions.

--Alex

Does this mean that the ghost is almost twice the size of the falcon? I swear to God they never animate the scale of these things right

Does this mean that the ghost is almost twice the size of the falcon? I swear to God they never animate the scale of these things right

The "full size" Ghost would be only twenty-ish feet longer than the Falcon. I suppose it might be around double the volume. It does have two decks to the Falcon's one.
--Alex

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back