Newbie Avengers HulkBuster

im037

My attempt to build the buster, seeing all the great version build here on RPF and just wanted to be a part of this great culture.
Apologies if mistakes are evident due to my very first thread ever.
First off, credit goes to the brilliant James Bruton of XRobots from the UK for the leg build, magnificant youtube channel and inspiring ideas. 20150912_105730.jpg

Challenges were time crunch, had to rush things for Halloween day, along with walking with an 80lbs suit.
Just an average person with no background skills that likes to create things.

Last edited:
Shoulders revisit, & attached with pivot motion to lower arm section.
Starting with basic upper torso foundation via chest armor gear of from old football protector.
hard coated ironman helmet for inside of hulkbuster with the puppy pokemon (BLUE EYE pitbull-mon) as model.
20151007_154025.jpg20151010_111846.jpg20151010_163912.jpg20151011_205235.jpg20150912_105651.jpg20150912_105747.jpg20150912_105539.jpg20150912_105554.jpg

18 more days to go, forgive me so gonna have to cut corners and be less detailed.
Chest section draft version, paneling out just to get a feel for the proportion, i prefer the chest light to be bigger than the Avengers 2 movie version, i tend to gravitate towards overdosing on Led/Smd.20150919_185821.jpg

Wow absolutely amazing so far, especially for the time crunch! How are you building it? I think I see foam and maybe poster board?

Can't wait to see it done :)

IronMeg, thank you for the kind words. Primary substrates are HDPE (high density polyethylene) these are utilized with the thermoforming industry, its extremely rigid but bendable when heat is introduced, along with that i use a 10mm foam as a base to give it the layer and depth. Will be adding other 5mm & 3mm foam for some smaller rised detals for final touch.
Most of the attachments are married together by wood screws(Home Depot) and 1" round head push pin tabs (Staples has these), and hot glue gun.
Hope i don't disappoint the RPF community with final product.

Wow! Great work so far! I am a newbie at all this cosplaying stuff, but after seeing alot of the foam armor work and such I wanna learn how to do all this. I'll be following this thread.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back