Vader saber question

jhazard

Sr Member
I've been trying to research as much as I can before really starting building up a hilt, but the one thing I can't figure out is: what is object that attaches/holds the d-ring to the front of Vader's saber? I mean the "stunt" version, or rather the one with Graflex front end (if I'm identifying it correctly?).

Recently acquired a Graflex slave head, but not sure if I want remove the ears and bend the tabs down, or just go and cut down a nickle plated bathroom fixture...

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I've been trying to research as much as I can before really starting building up a hilt, but the one thing I can't figure out is: what is object that attaches/holds the d-ring to the front of Vader's saber? I mean the "stunt" version, or rather the one with Graflex front end (if I'm identifying it correctly?).

Recently acquired a Graflex slave head, but not sure if I want remove the ears and bend the tabs down, or just go and cut down a nickle plated bathroom fixture...

It has never been identified. I use a black spacer as seen in this conversion I did in 2002:

uploadfromtaptalk1444085093132.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you like to remove the bunny ears and want to bend the tabs down of your G R A F L E X slave unit ... just be gently and very careful ... perhaps even best to use some heat or they can snap while trying to bend . . . perhaps those who did this previously like David, who posted above, could even give better advise how to proceed?

Chaim

Thanks Sym-cha. I did read a build tutorial by Elvistrooper, who made it look easy. Not sure I want to do that just yet.

Being new to the saber thing, I'm just excited to have the Graflex slave head as it is, buny ears and all. Not sure if/when I will be willing to shell out for a genuine 3-cell, so I may just do a poor-man's version of Luke's esb saber, and use the brushed pipe to cut for the Vader stunt version. If I find my way into at the the front half of a 3-cell, then I may reconsider.

Have a shroud piece coming from the 3d printer place, and the latch piece that goes behind it arrived today. Just a few more things to gather... (I do have a highland handle that I'm saving to build up with some Roy's stuff, but that'll be a while yet.)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back