Destiny Omolon Scout Rifle

WilsonUndead

Hey everyone!
So this is my first time working with EVA foam, and also first time trying to make a (semi) accurate prop. The plan is to eventually move on to a full Titan and warlock costume for myself and my wife, but I figured I should start with my gun just to see how it goes and practice and whatnot.
excuse the potato quality pics, the lighting is bad in my garage, I'll eventually get some nice pics but probably closer to completion, these show enough to get a little criticism anyways lol.
ive just started shaping and doing details so I'm not that far into it, but have at it :)

this is is what I'm going for, and what I have done so far:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Edit: just realized my pictures are distorted.... I'll have to re-upload to photobucket or something probably :/

Last edited:
I was looking into doing one myself, I think trying to do the Tlaloc Scout rifle for my Destiny Variant Daft Punk costume would be more stylish for the theme. Ive never worked with EVA Foam, it looks like its gonna be a sound build, how did you get it done like that?

To summarize it, I googled some reference pics (the 3D images on destinydb aren't up for the new stuff yet :( ) and brought them into adobe illustrator to trace my template.
Glued 4 pieces of Eva together, traced out my template, cut it out on the scroll saw.
From there I've just been shaping with a dremel and sanding sticks, removing certain layers, scoring out some of the detail lines with a knife and hitting them with the heat gun, and the step I'm on now is filling gaps and smoothing with Kwikseal and sanding.

It's my first time with Eva too and it seems like a really easy medium to work with.
I'd love to see tlalaloc if you do it! I don't have a warlock so I'll never have it sadly :/ lol
Thanks for looking! Update soon

How did this end up turning out?

Sadly it's in the same state as it was in the last update lol
I realized that even though it was coming along nicely I made a mistake by not sanding off the texture from the back of the eva mats, so as I shaped it there were gaps.
I'm going to be starting a new one once I get my belt sander but for now this one is a sad reminder of what not to do lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back