Lethal Weapon TV series

Re: Lethal Weapon TV Pilot

whyyy? :facepalm
First a Beverly Hills Cop tv show that got canned, then a Rush Hour tv show gets ordered and now Lethal Weapon? :facepalm

The only way this could even remotely work is if Richard Donner was in charge of it with the original writers of the movies and even then they'd not be able to catch lightning twice.

What's worse is it could just use the title and turn out to be another crappy Law and Order type show.

I honestly don't know what to say... I mean, first hearing about the Buckaroo Banzai TV series pitch and now this? How the hell did I miss this post back in October?

Last edited:
First the Straight outta Dre 24 "remix" and now this horseshet?

What's next an all transgender reboot of Firefly!?!?

FOX deserves to be canceled !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't quite know what to make of this. On the one hand, the original is great. On the other, Network TV shows tend to go over poorly and reboots kind of suck. That said... I kind of want to see it. I have lots of doubt but... I might watch it.

Of the films I liked the first one and the fourth one (Jet Li). That's all.

I saw the trailer. Yuck. Mel Gibson as Riggs was psychologically unstable and emotionally labile. Especially in the first film he was both homicidal and incredibly vulnerable. Remember the heartbreaking scene in the trailer where he's this close to eating a bullet? The performance still makes me tear up.

The guy in this TV show seems to take all that nuance and translate it to a Riggs that's only aware that he's just too damn cool to care about danger. I don't think he even gets it. And the writing makes him too damn chatty. In the bank scene he seems less like Riggs and more like someone who wants to tell you he's he center of attention - like guy in Die Hard who thinks he can negotiate with Gruber but ends up the first guy shot.

At least that's my impression from the trailer. But I'm feeling that strongly.

Last edited:
Donner, Gibson and Glover all wanted to do a 5 and instead they choose to turn it all into a giant turd, not flush it down the toilet but instead smear it all over the floor, walls and ceiling :facepalm

For fox sake.....

There's a fine line between playing a sympathetic psychopathic protagonist and just chewing scenery.
This TV Riggs looks like he stumbles into the latter category.

You know, I've seen the actor playing Riggs in lots of TV shows over the years. He's one of those guys who either plays a bad guy, or a damaged good guy. He was on 24, NCIS, stuff like that. I'd say he's earned a lead role try out. Too bad it's in a show like this. I doubt this will make it past season 1.

It looks ok, not bad but not great either. Damon Wayans doesn't seem to be too bad as Murtoch, not quite as crotchety as in the movies but not bad, but the guy playing Riggs, I'm not really getting a Riggs vibe off of him. Then again, I think that Mel Gibson played Riggs as being slightly unhinged, something that I think is hard to duplicate.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back