any info on the silent running buggy's?

andy19422

Sr Member
A mate of mine wants to build a buggy from silent running and looking for any info or pics of the originals. To me the wheels like they're from a Honda ATC.

The Cyclops iirc always wanted one.

Doug and his father should have licensed them

Already spoken to him and his late father made them as one-offs and he said they got destroyed after filming
No plans or anything unless he was lying to me :/ I've been trying to make one myself but if you contact him and get plans can I get a copy please :)

I keep you posted on my build and if I get it 100% I might sell plans or make your own kits

Doug has mentioned in the past that those things were one-off's, not really based on an existing vehicle. They were incredibly unstable. He nearly wrecked in one and one of his actors refused to drive one. A crew member put on a helmet to disguise himself when the filmed the race. You might be better off modifying something that exists rather than duplicating their cobbled together scheme.....

Gene

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back