Batman Beyond Freehand Foam Build

Reznor9

Sr Member
My son was originally going to be Issac Clark from Dead Space this year for Halloween when he stumbled across an original batman beyond design from Cold Night Creations online and decided he wanted to finally dawn the cowl like his dad. (I'm so proud)
Being that I'm running out of time because NYCC is next week this is going to be a really quick and possibly messy build.
The original costume is pretty complex and has a lot of pieces as well as lighting and what have you... This is all cool and if I had the time I'd recreate it piece for piece but since I have about two days for this and the fact that my son is 7 and will probably prefer mobility over accuracy, I'm going to simplify the build as much as possible while still staying as true to the design as I can.

Last edited:
Re: Batman Beyond Costume for my son for NYCC

Day 3: didn't work on it much. But decided to attach the harnessing straps and buckles. Everything fully adjustable. My son tried it on and he loves it. :D Started sketching up the shoulder details too as well as to what the gauntlets and boot covers will look like. Can't wait to jump back into this and finish up.

Batman beyond by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Just a quick FREAKING AWSOME WORK DAD!!! And a thought, for visibility at night have you thought of maybe attaching battery powered red LED's might give you a very cool effect. I know they sell them on AMAZON. I'm using them on my Green Lantern suit. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the rest..

Day 4: basically finished... Just a few brush strokes here and there still required and a little more color for the helmet. Tried making an Arkham Origins style cowl via JF foam pep but sizing was still too large for my little guy. Ended up cutting off the ears and back of the cowl and free handing an Arkham knight style face plate... Merged the two and got this result. Still looks a little big on him but the whole bobble head thing looks kinda cute and he didn't mind one bit.

Batman beyond cosplay by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Just a quick FREAKING AWSOME WORK DAD!!! And a thought, for visibility at night have you thought of maybe attaching battery powered red LED's might give you a very cool effect. I know they sell them on AMAZON. I'm using them on my Green Lantern suit. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the rest..

Didnt think about it for the suit itself but I did buy some blue light tape for the eyes of the cowl(originally purchased to use in his dead space suit that I was going to build for him). Looks cool with them when I held them inside the helmet. But I didn't have time to mount it and wire it up for the con. I'll do it when I get back so he can sport it for Halloween though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back