Suicide Squad Deadshot Costume build

Hey guys pretty far on my own one so far, having a huge problem finding anything for his rifle and the wrist guns, everything else I have down so far except those. Would be great if anyone could help

Hey guys pretty far on my own one so far, having a huge problem finding anything for his rifle and the wrist guns, everything else I have down so far except those. Would be great if anyone could help

We've IDd everything on the rifle that was off the shelf, minus the Handguard, which was custom made. What are you having issues finding?

I was looking at a few airsoft guns but none of them seemed to match well, and I'm completely lost for the wrist guns. No idea how to make those. What did you do for the gun? Did you 3D print it or get an airsoft one with parts?

I was looking at a few airsoft guns but none of them seemed to match well, and I'm completely lost for the wrist guns. No idea how to make those. What did you do for the gun? Did you 3D print it or get an airsoft one with parts?

3D printing, IMO, would be cost prohibitive and time consuming. Any M4 with a long barrel with work. I'd get one with existing rails so you don't have to worry about purchasing those. The off the shelf parts will replace a lot of the stock parts.

For the wrist guns, there are a few vendors who are currently making them and a few that soon will be, just pick your favorite.

Was looking at someone selling the wrist guns and they looked really accurate. It's a little out of my price range though. These do you know any other vendors out there other than GeekHouseCreations?

Was looking at someone selling the wrist guns and they looked really accurate. It's a little out of my price range though. These do you know any other vendors out there other than GeekHouseCreations?

If you used google to find that one, you've got the same hits I got. That's how I find most things.

I've been passively following this thread and thought I'd throw this out there. I know it isn't great, but I found a passable part to use for the forearm guns. It's a water gun version of Han Solo's pistol from Force Awakens. I picked two up at Target, they were on clearance for $9.99. I cut the scope off it and will be adding a few accent pieces and painting.
image.jpeg

There were a couple different suits as in a couple stunt suits with various interchangeable softer parts of the armor for movement and the actual "hero" suits. The softer parts were lacking in some of the texture details. In fact basic sheet foam was initially used in a pinch when parts such as the back plate and the connector plates over the back to front were not on hand. There were many rubber parts made for the holsters, guns, wrist guns, armor... as well. Ive yet to see the movie but there should be a scene where he is rappelling down a building, that would be mostly rubber gear and the stunt suit for any comparisons.
Can anyone confirm a scene where he goes through a wall? Ironically that would be me doubling for pick ups. My arms are longer than average so we just pulled the gauntlets down to cover. Fair warning about the dual rear back holster, its a spine tickler even in rubber.

There were a couple different suits as in a couple stunt suits with various interchangeable softer parts of the armor for movement and the actual "hero" suits. The softer parts were lacking in some of the texture details. In fact basic sheet foam was initially used in a pinch when parts such as the back plate and the connector plates over the back to front were not on hand. There were many rubber parts made for the holsters, guns, wrist guns, armor... as well. Ive yet to see the movie but there should be a scene where he is rappelling down a building, that would be mostly rubber gear and the stunt suit for any comparisons.
Can anyone confirm a scene where he goes through a wall? Ironically that would be me doubling for pick ups. My arms are longer than average so we just pulled the gauntlets down to cover. Fair warning about the dual rear back holster, its a spine tickler even in rubber.

ok, that's pretty dang cool. I figured there were a LOT of rubber parts for stunt work, especially the guns. Can you verify as to wether the pants were bespoke or if they were existing pants that were modified?

I've picked up the mags and base pads for both the Glock and M16 but due to expense (and comfort and con considerations) I plan to cast them all in rubber. Those frigging base pads are $40 a pop. 4 x M16 and 4 x Glock, that's $320 just for base pads, not even taking into consideration the cost of $20 per mag at 4 x M16 and 8 x Glock.

Wes

I recall a scene at the final battle where he is thrown against a pillar, but I don't recall him being thrown through a wall. Not to say it isn't there, I just don't remember it.

The rifle is an AR15. Like Wes said it's all off the shelf except for the hand-guard. A long-barrelled M4 or a HK416 would look similar.
Wow, that is awesome information, thanks for sharing! It's funny with what you say about rubber gear in the wall-repelling scene - I noticed in a set photo from that day of filming that the end of the pistol on the thigh was bent, I wondered if it was rubber!
Would you be able to confirm the purpose of the fabric going down between the plates on either side of the front torso armour? It looks like a strip of fabric hiding fixings underneath, or was it just for aesthetics?

Would you be able to confirm the purpose of the fabric going down between the plates on either side of the front torso armour? It looks like a strip of fabric hiding fixings underneath, or was it just for aesthetics?

Are you referring to the modified vest underneath the armor plates? There was a zipper on the front. Also many times when exterior armor plates are used felt will be attached to the back of those plates to help alleviate any pinching. Anyone thats worn a stormtrooper costume should know that one.

With the pants I dont recall seeing any manufacture labels but that could have been covered with the wardrobe tag. The pants I wore were larger to accommodate a stunt rig.

Are you referring to the modified vest underneath the armor plates? There was a zipper on the front. Also many times when exterior armor plates are used felt will be attached to the back of those plates to help alleviate any pinching. Anyone thats worn a stormtrooper costume should know that one.

With the pants I dont recall seeing any manufacture labels but that could have been covered with the wardrobe tag. The pants I wore were larger to accommodate a stunt rig.

Good info Rob, definitely appreciate the input.

Yes I believe we're referring to the same thing. Thanks for sharing such good information.

I posted a question awhile ago about his eyepiece and got told it might be the Motorola S9, I want to get it, but how could you fit an eyepiece on the end? Has anyone had any luck/progress with recreating it

The cord from the Motorola S9 appears to attach to the inside of the "arm" of the eyepiece, so only 1 earpiece is in use. You didn't want the Motorola S9 to be functional? So perhaps you could use the arm from some glasses.

deadshot-eye-gear2.jpg

I made this up before the film came out, reference photos were not as good as the ones posted above.. Still need to finish it (LEDs & Paint)
26afeb2fd40b9b9432c6f5ad9c022fc6.jpg
69921fa2f7c85a60257e9ed27523c45f.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back