Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

That would be very fitting, as there is a 7-Eleven under the Texaco station in the film. It's pretty dark, so it's hard to see, but it was there.

My god, what if they redressed a 7-Eleven to match it's 'future' self? I am recalling the Simpsons / Quick-E-Mart stunt they pulled a few years ago. I might die of sheer joy. Only possible downside: Pepsi Perfects are now $50. :p

-MJ
Some one posted the menu of the café 80s and a Pepsi Perfect was $3.50.
My guess is he also bought the Almanac with the money Doc gave him.

For whatever reason, they designed $50 bills and $5s. I think Doc says 'fifty' in the dialog, but $5 would fit the hypothetical inflation better:

Cost of soda:

1955 = $0.05
1985 = $0.50
2015 = $5.00

Additionally, we can see that your bank account is tied to your thumb print ("Hey, kid, thumb a hundred bucks and save the clock tower.") However, if our Marty from 1985 were to use his thumb print at the cafe, it would recognize him as Marty, Sr, from 2015 and bill him for the Pepsi, leaving a suspicious electronic record which Doc in his meticulous planning would probably like to avoid.

IIRC, the novel / script had Marty paying the robot waiter at the cafe in cash, who seemed genuinely hesitant ;)

Additionally, I've heard fans theorize that Marty sold something of his own from 1985 to the antique shop to buy the almanac.

-MJ

For whatever reason, they designed $50 bills and $5s. I think Doc says 'fifty' in the dialog, but $5 would fit the hypothetical inflation better:

Cost of soda:

1955 = $0.05
1985 = $0.50
2015 = $5.00

Additionally, we can see that your bank account is tied to your thumb print ("Hey, kid, thumb a hundred bucks and save the clock tower.") However, if our Marty from 1985 were to use his thumb print at the cafe, it would recognize him as Marty, Sr, from 2015 and bill him for the Pepsi, leaving a suspicious electronic record which Doc in his meticulous planning would probably like to avoid.

IIRC, the novel / script had Marty paying the robot waiter at the cafe in cash, who seemed genuinely hesitant ;)

Additionally, I've heard fans theorize that Marty sold something of his own from 1985 to the antique shop to buy the almanac.

-MJ

Who Marty or the robot waiter?

And why Doc specifically tells him not to look or touch anything.

I thought I had that menu in my images, but no.

Anyway, I just saw the new add for TV "The Future Is Now" and they used HC shoes and hover board. I am not sure how to attach a link here though as the URL is a facebook page.

The robot waiter (CG Reagan) was hesitant.

"Try not to look at anything–"

Attachments

• 5 & 50.jpg
    5 & 50.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 7-Eleven.jpg
    7-Eleven.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 250
  • hv23.jpg
    hv23.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 189
  • slide5.jpg
    slide5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 217

the almanac with tax came out to 32.19 so maybe he did buy it with docs money! LOL

Does anyone remember the scene where he gets a small bit of change back and is shocked for buying a Pepsi for nearly $50? I can't remember where it was from, either an alternate take or from the novel, idk. A few other people remember it too so I didn't hallucinate it lol.

That is the most obvious corporate-produced "fake leak" vide I've ever seen. But at least they're building hype.

As for the difference between this and the real deal, I'm sure it's down to making it fit an even 20 ounces.

So who will be the first to produce a "conversion cap" to add a flip top to make them even more accurate?

-Nick

So the guy gets caught filming and is able to walk out with the footage lol. I'm pumped though! I need a few six packs.

That is the most obvious corporate-produced "fake leak" vide I've ever seen. But at least they're building hype.

As for the difference between this and the real deal, I'm sure it's down to making it fit an even 20 ounces.

So who will be the first to produce a "conversion cap" to add a flip top to make them even more accurate?

-Nick

The shape itself is off, modifying the cap won't make it that much accurate I think :x

It's close enough for me. I mean if this is really happening it's so damn cool.

I have a production made Slice and the pepsi perfect/ diet pepsi from Gary Weaver, which are slightly smaller than my Slice due to the mold, and this new bottle is far off. But I will probably try to get my hand on that version from Pepsi though, it sure is kinda cool they participating to this BTTF year. Pepsi was so big in the 80's. I'm glad they are playing the game.

For reference:

DSC_0195.jpg

I have a production made Slice and the pepsi perfect/ diet pepsi from Gary Weaver, which are slightly smaller than my Slice due to the mold, and this new bottle is far off. But I will probably try to get my hand on that version from Pepsi though, it sure is kinda cool they participating to this BTTF year. Pepsi was so big in the 80's. I'm glad they are playing the game.

For reference:

http://s21.postimg.org/eofiovio7/DSC_0195.jpg

Those are fantastic! I've seen Gary's name come up many times, with regards the most screen accurate bottles... do you know if Gary still makes them to sell? I desperately want to get one and have held off in the hopes that Pepsi would release a screen accurate one... guess that's just never going to happen :-(

Those are fantastic! I've seen Gary's name come up many times, with regards the most screen accurate bottles... do you know if Gary still makes them to sell?

He doesn't, it was a run he made in 2010 I believe. He sold his production (screen used?) bottles. I have to say my Slice is one of my favourite item in my collection, and I'm glad I grabbed it for a fairly decent price a few years ago haha

He doesn't, it was a run he made in 2010 I believe. He sold his production (screen used?) bottles. I have to say my Slice is one of my favourite item in my collection, and I'm glad I grabbed it for a fairly decent price a few years ago haha

Ah DAMN!! Would you have any idea of anyone else that make near screen accurate bottles?

However, Fair play to you mate... you did well there :)

I think the inaccuracies are due to time and cost for a big production run. Same with the 2011 MAG, they measured the screen used shoes but rounded some measurements, they said it wouldn't matter much since they were as small as .25mm changes, but overall, we can tell lol. Using a twist top saves on price and time as well. If they wanted a collector's edition they would make a quality thickness bottle with 100% accurate parts like the straw and flip top, knowing the price would rise with accuracy and meaning selling them would be a huge profit .

I think the inaccuracies are due to time and cost for a big production run. Same with the 2011 MAG, they measured the screen used shoes but rounded some measurements, they said it wouldn't matter much since they were as small as .25mm changes, but overall, we can tell lol. Using a twist top saves on price and time as well. If they wanted a collector's edition they would make a quality thickness bottle with 100% accurate parts like the straw and flip top, knowing the price would rise with accuracy and meaning selling them would be a huge profit .

To be honest, I believe the design is owned by Universal. So it's either Pepsi making a similar one with its own brand, or Universal making its own version without the Pepsi logo. But it's more likely to be Pepsi creating it as I doubt Universal could sell fake pepsi liquid. And not teaming up with Universal probably remove cost of production (for copyrights purposes) etc.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back