Any Maltese Falcon Fans out there ?

justice league

Hi big fan of the movie just wanted to see if the RPF
has some Maltese Falcon Fans out there :) Please Post some Replica Props from the film if you have them. like to see what other
collectors have tucked away .

Huge fan of the book and film (Huston/Bogart) version.

The only thing I've got is one of those crappy knockoffs of the Black Bird version of the dingus.

MK Dingus. (first run)
Eltee Wallet.
Not pictured is my Ozymandius DIngus. (image pre-dates it's acquisition)

MF Props.jpg

Badge / wallet (and ephemera) was from a run Eltee and someone else did a few years ago.

With all the people on this forum we stand a good chance of getting someone to do another run .
its not that difficult a prop basically a badge thats the majority of the prop . I would take a resin one if need be .

With all the people on this forum we stand a good chance of getting someone to do another run .
its not that difficult a prop basically a badge thats the majority of the prop . I would take a resin one if need be .

Now I KNOW you are not suggesting that you'd "recast" my original (with partner) designs, would you? :)

If there is adequate interest, I would ask my cohort to consider another short run. We did a TON of research and being a cop in SF got me access to lots of data. The card designs, etc. are all era correct and use real addresses, the license is an accurate reproduction of the era correct real one, etc. I have some interesting stories re. SFPD and the "original" dingus that John's Grill had, and lost, that I have to wait until one more guy retires before I can share.

I worked with SCTCARTS on this and several other badge and ID sets. This was a fun one since I am such a Hammett fan. The weathered looking leather badge cases were handmade by him. The badges were made by a commercial police badge maker using an era correct design.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the complete set as we offered it SO long ago. I contacted SCTCARTS (Cory) and he's willing to reconsider a short run of these if there is enough interest.

WHOLE SET TEASE.jpg

Last edited:
It looks amazing and thats GREAT! Who said anything about recasting ?

Come on I started the thread to bring Some collectors together . I have been a member of the Fedora Lounge for years . That was uncalled for thats like a four letter word around here ;/ lets just act like you misunderstood and left that out and move on to this Amazing piece of cinema history I am more then happy to be first on the list ! Will look amazing next to my
MK ;) Such a great set come on guys lets get this one running .

I have a plaster Falcon that was sold in the 70s in the back of magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland, etc. Anyone familiar with that one? And know who made it?
And are there replicas available now?

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back