Eaglemoss BTTF 1/8 scale Delorean

the DOCTOR

Sr Member
Don't think this has been posted, but hot on the heels of Deagostini's Millennium Falcon, is a partwork of the Deloream time machine:
http://build-the-delorean.com/

They did a Bond DB5 a few years ago, which needed a bit of work to make right, but this looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Re: Eaglemoss BTTG 1/8 scale Delorean

Looks really nice, just a bit pricey for a lot of folks but I bet it's still cheaper than the Falcon lol

Confusingly, the first four parts have arrived- THREE MONTHS LATER, with a note saying they didn't know if it's going ahead: January is traditionally when these things start, so perhaps...

Yeah it's off the Eaglemoss site.

I'm getting the impression the DOCTOR might be out of luck with only the parts he got. Shame, I might have been interested had I known earlier, but then I might have been out of luck as well.

Why didn't they do it in 1/6th scale instead of 1/8th? It would have been slightly bigger (read: more expensive) but lately there is much more support for 1/6th scale stuff in general.

I find it really aggravating how the model/toy hobby won't ever consolidate their scales a bit. We don't need 1/6th & 1/8th, and 1/16th & 1/18th, and 1/24th & 1/25th, etc.

From what I have read on the website and according to their subscription page, this is only available in the UK. Such a shame. I'd be in the market for one here in the states.

From what I have read on the website and according to their subscription page, this is only available in the UK. Such a shame. I'd be in the market for one here in the states.

Eaglemoss has several things that aren't available in the US that I'd be interested in. I wonder why they don't offer them here?

I spoke to someone who has built another Eaglemoss model (The Millenium Falcon) and said that initially it was only available as a UK release and then it found a distributor in the states. So here's to hoping that the same thing happens with the DeLorean.

I tend to do slow builds, so I'm quite drawn towards these pieceworks. Slowly modding it and building it would suit me fine, although I might prefer something that needs a bit more effort in the assembly. Something like this is an almost manageable size, though, so both this and the 1/2 Artoo are tempting me at the moment...

The first shipment new release arrived last week, with some amendments to the parts as first released, and it only had issue one..?

I tend to do slow builds, so I'm quite drawn towards these pieceworks. Slowly modding it and building it would suit me fine, although I might prefer something that needs a bit more effort in the assembly. Something like this is an almost manageable size, though, so both this and the 1/2 Artoo are tempting me at the moment...

Yeah, I like the 1/2 R2 simply because of the size constraints in my home. It's not a small home, but I've got it filled with so much stuff that it seems smaller than it is!!

So who is building this? And how are you getting along?? Here's mine so far! image.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back