Schwarzenegger "Pumping Iron" bust

Desponds

So, tomorrow Arnold will be in Zurich to receive his Golden Icon Award. The one that Stallone has already received. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Gala and seizing the opportunity, I wanted to follow the last of Arnolds “six rules of success”, and give something back. I know it’s kind of crazy – yeah, that’s me, with capital letters… - but Arnold has fascinated me since my early teens and his achievements and work ethics have always inspired me. So I came up with the idea of creating a 1:3 size faux bronze bust from the pumping iron era and give that to him during the pre Gala show where people can ask him questions about his career. When I got his autograph in March 2013, I already felt what an incredible aura this guy has. He held a speech regarding global warming, and most people were business leaders and even Bertrand Piccard didn’t approach Arnold... So if that works out tomorrow night this will be a major “fan moment”… I hope I won’t faint like a “girly man” ;-)
Anyway, here are some pictures I did with my cellphone. I will make an update soon with better shots including the molding process, which was a pain, especially the building of the dividing wall... the casting with bronze powder was cool to look at but I guess poisonous as hell…

20150928_192513.jpg
20150929_061233.jpg

20150928_192513.jpg

20150929_061233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a beautiful sculpture of Arnold, I would bet he would be tickled pink to get that from an artist/ fan. Fainting like a girly man directly after handing it to him could only act to reinforce the impact of the gift and the moment, so don't hold back!

Well, here are some better photos. It didn't work out with handing over the statue to Arnold... would have been a dream come true. The guy is protected like crazy. I sat in the first raw during his interview just behind his entourage, but even though I held my arm up all the time (my teachers would be so proud of me right now), I never got to ask my question ("following rule number 6 of your success speech, I want to give something back to you today for the tremendous inspiration you give to all of us; so my question is: Can I safely hand this over to you or will I get terminated or erased by your bodyguards")... I was pretty down for one day, but anyhow, my sculpting regarding anatomy has got better, I guess. I might refine the statue (only nightshift during 14 days is not enough) and maybe if it works out, I'll do a pumping iron statue or something... But now its "Small Soldiers" time again...
Arnold side clay.jpgBronze layer front.jpgBase closeup.jpgComparison front.jpgComparison side.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back