Another Rick Grimes Season 3 costume. ***Update Page 2 Pics***

Re: Another Rick Grimes Season 3 costume

Now that's how you start a post, massive picture of beauty that is that Python! Awesome work man

Now that's how you start a post, massive picture of beauty that is that Python! Awesome work man

Thanks and I hope to spread out in to other projects. This revolver gets a ton of attention at the range!

Hillbilly

Looking great! Holy Cow Nice Python!!!

So jealous!

Thanks and I have been looking at your costume as well. You did a great job!! I went to the Orlando Walker Stalker Con and had a great time. Me and the family had plans to go to Atlanta Walker-Stalker Con Halloween weekend but my daughter was diagnost with type 1 diabetes so we decided to stay home and do a premier party. I may be the only one going all out for costume but I'm enjoying collecting all the parts.

Hillbilly

Last edited:

Speed loader Pouch came in and belt is done. Everything is Tex Shoemaker but the holster.

Hillbilly -

Nice work, and yeah, that is a BEAUTIFUL Python. Kudos on all, especially on making all of us jealous!!

As I too, started down this Grimes-costuming path now well over a year ago (maybe longer?), I just thought I'd chime in with my 2-cents regarding some of the gear. I'm by no means a "costume-Nazi" but I do strive for accuracy in all the characters I do (Grimes; Indiana Jones; Obi-Wan prequels; Ghostbuster), and like to share the spoils of my research into those that I can help with. If accuracy is your goal, too, please feel free to use my research...

Though most sources insist that the belt and everything that hangs from it is all Tex Shoemaker, this is not true. I've studied multiple reference photos, and studied the ***** out of this, so I think I can speak to ***. The dual-speedloader case is definitely not Tex; the cuff-case neither.

TWD_Rick Lori.jpgTWD_GP_312_0830_00261.jpgTWD_GP_311_0919_03991.jpg

These three pix I've found are super-telling; the first one, a boon of information in one hi-res (and easy to enlarge the detail of) picture. The others clearly show the speedloader pouch detail: the one with Rick crouched in Morgan's Lair for Season Three's "Clear" episode, has the light hitting it just perfectly to show the length and curve of the cut of the flap on the pouch, and identifying it as an HKS MED103 pouch. The Tex pouch has rounded flaps only, and is not the one used in the show. The pic with Andrea at the gate in the sunlight leads me to believe that the pouch may even have the brass snaps, as opposed to the chrome, but even I don't sweat the snaps metal details anymore.

Going back to the first pic: the cuff pouch used in the show is easily identified as a Bianchi 35 pouch. Again, not a Tex. The detail on the Tex is all wrong.

The belt and holster are without question Tex Shoemaker, and again, in that first pic can be zoomed in to show the detail stitching present in the belt, which the Tex has... and some of the other Police duty belts do too... but we'll just let Tex have his day here.

TEX BELT 1.JPG

The inner saddle-tan leather stitched within, for rigidity, one assumes, can be seen in this pic, and again, you can see it in that first pic I shared.

I've actually been putting together "close-enough" rigs, and selling them on eBay since I started doing the Rick-costuming thing, and I'll cheat on the belts, and even close-enough holsters (as most don't have deep-enough pockets to afford Tex; nor do I to buy and sit on them in hopes they might sell), but when it comes to the cuff-case and speedloader pouch... I'm a bit of a stickler.

That being said... YOUR costume is freakin' GREAT. You wear it well... and NO ONE is going to mistake you for anyone but Rick Grimes. Just want to throw my research out there, for whatever it's worth.

Last edited:

Hillbilly -

Nice work, and yeah, that is a BEAUTIFUL Python. Kudos on all, especially on making all of us jealous!!

As I too, started down this Grimes-costuming path now well over a year ago (maybe longer?), I just thought I'd chime in with my 2-cents regarding some of the gear. I'm by no means a "costume-Nazi" but I do strive for accuracy in all the characters I do (Grimes; Indiana Jones; Obi-Wan prequels; Ghostbuster), and like to share the spoils of my research into those that I can help with. If accuracy is your goal, too, please feel free to use my research...

Though most sources insist that the belt and everything that hangs from it is all Tex Shoemaker, this is not true. I've studied multiple reference photos, and studied the ***** out of this, so I think I can speak to ***. The dual-speedloader case is definitely not Tex; the cuff-case neither.

View attachment 536712View attachment 536711View attachment 536710

These three pix I've found are super-telling; the first one, a boon of information in one hi-res (and easy to enlarge the detail of) picture. The others clearly show the speedloader pouch detail: the one with Rick crouched in Morgan's Lair for Season Three's "Clear" episode, has the light hitting it just perfectly to show the length and curve of the cut of the flap on the pouch, and identifying it as an HKS MED103 pouch. The Tex pouch has rounded flaps only, and is not the one used in the show. The pic with Andrea at the gate in the sunlight leads me to believe that the pouch may even have the brass snaps, as opposed to the chrome, but even I don't sweat the snaps metal details anymore.

Going back to the first pic: the cuff pouch used in the show is easily identified as a Bianchi 35 pouch. Again, not a Tex. The detail on the Tex is all wrong.

The belt and holster are without question Tex Shoemaker, and again, in that first pic can be zoomed in to show the detail stitching present in the belt, which the Tex has... and some of the other Police duty belts do too... but we'll just let Tex have his day here.

View attachment 536714

The inner saddle-tan leather stitched within, for rigidity, one assumes, can be seen in this pic, and again, you can see it in that first pic I shared.

I've actually been putting together "close-enough" rigs, and selling them on eBay since I started doing the Rick-costuming thing, and I'll cheat on the belts, and even close-enough holsters (as most don't have deep-enough pockets to afford Tex; nor do I to buy and sit on them in hopes they might sell), but when it comes to the cuff-case and speedloader pouch... I'm a bit of a stickler.

That being said... YOUR costume is freakin' GREAT. You wear it well... and NO ONE is going to mistake you for anyone but Rick Grimes. Just want to throw my research out there, for whatever it's worth.

Thanks for the feedback. You can definitely see that the speed loader case is different and has brass snaps. I didn't research it before I started getting things together. My cuff pouch is a double pouch as I wasn't paying attention when I bought it off eBay. I have a brown single with brass snaps. I may black oil dye that one and just use it. The boots are hard on the feet. Would love to get my hands on a pair Justin 2222's without spending a ton money. I will probably watch all most all the episodes (AGAIN) this week leading up to the season premier. I will do some adjusting!!!!

Hillbilly

My little buddy down the road showed up

- - - Updated - - -

Fire department stopped and had a bit to eat. Had to get a pic

- - - Updated - - -

My wife said I looked pissed off in all the pictures!!

Last edited:
Great costume and an awesome looking party, wish we knew folks that were as into TWD as we are to watch it with. :cool :thumbsup

Will get some new pics Halloween night. It's been cool hear in Florida the past week so I have been wearing the boots everyday I may retire my Puma's for awhile. These feel great after getting them broken in!!!

Hillbilly

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_7.jpeg.html]
image_7.jpg
[/URL]

image.jpg

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_2.jpeg.html]
image_2.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image.jpeg.html]
image.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_3.jpeg.html]
image_3.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_4.jpeg.html]
image_4.jpg
[/URL]

image_7.jpg

image.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back