Luke V2 variation on my V3.

Pinousse

Sr Member
Realy wanted to have a V2 type on my belt to go to the theater :$

Specs :p

-PRIZM 3.5 by Plecter Labs.
- 18650 panasonic 3400mah battery.
- 2W Bass speaker.
- Tri Cree R/G/Rb mounted in the emiter.
- 3D printed multi parts chassis.
- 3D printed speaker module.
- Redone emiter section.
- Acid weathering.
- Paint weathering.
- Hot flamme weathering on the copper section.
- D-ring.
- Custom cone knob.
- Screw.
- Custom bladeplug.
- Activation and aux switch under circuit board.
- Modified pommel insert.
- Modified clamp with vintage lever assembly.
- 2.1 recharge port.
- Internal RICE port.
- Custom bladeplug.
- Fake crystal chamber via orange 5mm Led on 3D printed chassis.
- Fake and real cosmetic rust.

Pics :cool

MTFBWYA :cheers

Nice work, love the Prizm color changing LED. I think that grenade/ribbed section needs more love with the weather IMO. ;)

Thanks I added a green LED to go allong the orange in the fake crystal chamber
afro.gif

I did that because my main blade color is green due to the fact it's basically a luke saber now
lamp.gif

I also change the 2W Bass speaker with a brand new one because this 2 last day I noticed a difference in the sound and the sound volume and in fact the speaker was damaged
cry.gif

Now it's back to max loudeness and in fact I have to set the sound volume on 3 to 4 because other way it's to loud at home
azn.gif

The speaker is monted on the batery chassis and it receive air from a lot of spot so it's realy loud to much for my taste in full volume in fact, at least in close area
rolleyes.gif

I will upload videos and pics tomorow
angel.gif

afro.gif

afro.gif

lamp.gif

lamp.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

azn.gif

azn.gif

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

angel.gif

angel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set screw to lock the blade in place, the hilt is all alluminium and copper and the neck have a steal internal part to make it stronger ;) All the internal are mounted tight on 3d printed chassis / parts so you cannot cut wood with it but dueling yes with the modifications I add to it you can, medium dueling I would say ;) Enought to play with and have fun :)

I have a set screw to lock the blade in place, the hilt is all alluminium and copper and the neck have a steal internal part to make it stronger ;) All the internal are mounted tight on 3d printed chassis / parts so you cannot cut wood with it but dueling yes with the modifications I add to it you can, medium dueling I would say ;) Enought to play with and have fun :)

Ah, I misread the 3D printed chassis as the hilt, but you were referring to the internals. Can you say where you got the hilt? I'm asking because I would like to do a duelable Obi and am looking into options to build one. Your work is an inspiration!

Ah, I misread the 3D printed chassis as the hilt, but you were referring to the internals. Can you say where you got the hilt? I'm asking because I would like to do a duelable Obi and am looking into options to build one. Your work is an inspiration!

Techniquely speaking you cannot found the hilt as it is right now all done but they are some superb quality runs of emptys on going like Solos Hold and One replica of V2 saber ;)

To build this one I used an old first generation prodigal son by saberforge this one was left by a customer who don't want it anymore for some good reasons :wacko

So I had pull out all the stuff inside out, take it completely appart and put to the trash almost 30% of the saber and then go from there :thumbsup

The emiter had been re machined by me allong with all the parts internal to accomodate stuff in some place and / or to make it stronger in others place :thumbsup

I also decide in the early stade of the project to trash the uggly box and go for a v2 style with the graflex clamp with genuine lever system this also allowed me to cover the two uggly underside swith holes ;)

If needed it can be replicate of courses :cheers

For obi ep4 hilt I think Roman is the only good option but for dueling I think it's not ideal and it will need some heavy modification to be fx compatible I think it's easier since FX balance pipe it's available but not a simple build I think.
May someone who correct me if I'm wrong ;)

As for the ep3 version of it I don't know but I can't point you to saberforge I don't work with their hilt for long now they have and obi ep3 but I can't say "go for it".

If like me you have lathe and mill or if you have acces to it may be scratch building is the way to go...

...If like me you have lathe and mill or if you have acces to it may be scratch building is the way to go...

Thank you so much for your response Pinousse. You hit the issue on the head. Up till now I've been doing Force FX conversions on Luke ANHs and a Vader ESB because they are as close to screen accurate as possible for the $. Now I would like to do an Obi ANH and the "thin neck" issue has arisen. I need something that is duelable because I've gotten mine and the neighborhood kids into lightsaber dueling so no room for a shelf-sitter while infested with younglings :)

I can't pull the trigger on the thick-necked, inaccurate Force FX Obis and Lukes and a Parks is too nice and pricey to beat the crap out of... The saberforge offerings are looking like the best bet but still a bit pricey... I guess the quest continues. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back