Survivor Second Chances

Guri

Sr Member
Anyone giving this a chance? Most of the people on this season are those I actually liked, so I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favorites in action again.

I won't give any spoilers in the first post here, but I do want to discuss what happens as we watch the show, if anyone wants to.

I will say this, that the 'old school' folks from long past seasons all look to have gotten older EXCEPT Jeff Probst! It's like my signature photo is true. The man just doesn't age.

I can't believe it's been up to fifteen years for some of these people.

The wife and I watched it while ipadding. Like you said it doesn't have too many people I can't stand. I'm good with who went home first, though.
And that hidden immunity during the chanllenge was brilliant.

I was surprised with who went home, I thought it would go the other way; but I suppose both of them were behaving obnoxiously. Wouldn't that be a thing, that they vote off the annoying people first?

I loved the conversation between Spencer, Shirin and Jeff. It REALLY showed the difference between how the game used to be played and what it's like for those who have become students of the game. I love hearing everything that Shirin notices. She and Spencer together could be dangerous -unless other people spot start seeing it and are smart enough to do something about it.

Who are these people that voted to put Abi into this season?!?

I wonder if there was a second idol under the other tribe's raft stand. She should have checked their side also.

I wondered the same thing, kegas76! But they would have seen her for sure if she went over there. She was very discrete the way she did it - I was impressed.

The wife and I are on board for this season!

Seeing Abi return immediately told me this was NOT voter based!

It was interesting to hear the perspective of how the game used to be played compared to more recently.

We were thoroughly satisfied with the first eviction. All that yoga business got annoying quickly!

KDKA out of pittsburgh had the host on talking about this, for some reason he loves talking to the station in Pittsburgh. I never realized how many folks from western PA have been on Survivor over the years.

Anybody else watching ?

Wednesday's blindside was EPIC!!! I think that was the most voided votes in the history of the game!!

But as epic as it was, Wentworth should not get so cocky. If that many people voted for her, now that she has no idol, she could be real easy pickin's now.

I was surprised with who went home, I thought it would go the other way; but I suppose both of them were behaving obnoxiously. Wouldn't that be a thing, that they vote off the annoying people first?

It's not like there's been any really solid logic behind who gets voted off first, I mean, I always thought that it was silly to vote off your strongest members first because you're afraid of what will happen post merger. Sure, they could potentially dominate the game once the tribes merge but you have to merge first and when you do you want to go in with numbers, and that ain't happening if all you have in your tribe are the dimwits and the weaklings. I've always felt that the smart thing to do would be to keep the strong player(s) for as long as you can to try to dominate the game for as long as you, and since everybody seems to know roughly when the tribes will merge, you throw a challenge one or two tribals before the merge, this way you go into the merge with the advantage.

I'd also propose to my tribe mates that everyone works, and anyone who just lounges around doing nothing gets a smaller share of the food at best. Which is why, along with my keeping the strong strategy, would probably get kicked off the island pretty quickly. It also doesn't help that I'm the trusting sort and not very good at being sneaky and backstabbing and, as a result, would probably be easily blindsided.

No one I'm really rooting for strongly this season. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably say Jeremy. But he's gonna have to earn it in all facets of the game, or I'll find someone else who's likable but more deserving.

Somebody needs to stop Joe. I don't care for him very much. I don't hate him, but he's a total bore. On the other hand, I don't want Fishback to outlast Joe. Fishback is fracking cry-baby! Oh God, he bugs.

The Wook

Wednesday's blindside was EPIC!!! I think that was the most voided votes in the history of the game!!

I think you're right - they've never had a merge with that many people before. When she pulled out that idol the reaction from everyone was incredibly fun - they knew they were in trouble and it was just a matter of who the bottom three decided on.

I always thought that it was silly to vote off your strongest members first because you're afraid of what will happen post merger.

Yeah, that makes sense to those who get along with the strongest players, but the social fear factor always gets to some. They say, 'so and so is dangerous' and what they really mean is 'I don't think that person likes me enough to align with me'. I LOVE it when people say someone is 'dangerous' - you can always bet there's some insecurity behind it.

Somebody needs to stop Joe. I don't care for him very much. I don't hate him, but he's a total bore. On the other hand, I don't want Fishback to outlast Joe. Fishback is fracking cry-baby! Oh God, he bugs.

I agree with you about Fishback - I actually felt that way about Savage too and I'm so glad he's gone; it was like the Savage Show they interviewed him so often and presented his perspective as the most important and sympathetic. It really bugged me because they are really ignoring players like Wigglesworth so we don't know hardly anything about their game.

Jeremy actually seems boring to me; like he's just going with the flow. And to that point, I disagree about Joe, he's a cool cat, but he's constantly having to be on guard even though he wins immunities. Everyone always is aiming for him (or my other favorite, Spenser) but this past week he showed he was still playing and not depending on an immunity

Think about it - he used his friendships with Wentworth and Ciera to bring the bottom players in to vote out Fishback. When cowardly Savage decided to drop that plan and go along with the crowd (as decision that got him booted) Joe didn't just keep the news to himself he went back and TOLD the bottom players that the plan had changed.

Because Joe decided to be an honest guy and protect relationships he might need later, he gave Wentworth the heads up she needed to play her idol. She asked if it was her, he didn't betray the larger group by saying yes BUT he didn't have to tell them at all and he did. What's more, during tribal that friendship and trust was strong enough that Wentworth didn't rat Joe out to everyone!! That is HUGE. If she had, that would have sunk him all the more. She said it was because if she's around she would need to live with that person and when she said it you could see on Joe's face that he appreciated that. He's a nice guy and subtle, but not boring at all.

Spencer's point about not being aligned with someone for more than a couple of days was really telling of how weak a social player he is. People seem to like him as a person, but not want to align with him. I would love it if Spencer joined them, but he doesn't seem to have Joe on his radar now as a possibility.

SO, my hope is that Joe and Spencer would listen to Ciera and split off from the Tasha/Jeremy/Fishback et al group that sees them as needing to go, they could form a stronger alliance and last longer. My husband is so annoyed with Ciera, but I like her. I think she's got a great point and she's fighting for it - we'll see if anyone listens.

It's been a great season. It's the only show I probably look forward to every week. It would be beyond a wildest dream if for one season they would accept international players though. I'd love a shot at it! Not for the million, but for the craic and outdo Russell Hanz as one of the worst villains in the history of the game :D

Shocked to see Savage go, delighted to see Kass go... early Christmas present. Rooting for Spencer or Jeremy! Ciera seems very fake this season, Joe will be a huge threat and probably the most deserving,

Wentworth's plastic surgery? ... well ******* I never noticed. Will have to do some painstaking picture comparisons :D

Are we talking about Wigglesworth or Wentworth?

Edit... my mistake, read it wrong... yup... Wigglesworth... drastic change. Thought we were talking about the Blonde 'worth" :D

Can someone please address Wigglesworths horrible plastic surgery?!

Yeah, I noticed it first time I saw her... it's a shame. :(

...delighted to see Kass go... early Christmas present.

Heck yeah - that woman grated on my nerves so bad - When I saw people turning on her I was extremely delighted. I'm glad she saved Spencer, though.

Also glad that Abi's drama is taking a back burner lately... but she is a time bomb for anyone who aligns with her.

I couldn't stand Kass. I hate anyone who refers to themselves in the third person all the time.

Kass lives part time in my town. No, I've never run into her.

wait, never mind. I thought they had a second home here in AZ but they were just visiting.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back