Dick Tracy 2-Way Radio Wrist Watch

cloudborn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone ever created a replica of D1ck Tracy's 2-way radio wrist watch from the old comic book and cartoon series?

Re: **** Tracy 2-Way Radio Wrist Watch

LOL indeed.

****!
****!
****!
****!
****!
Goose!

... That's not how that goes, is it...? :$

Yes, a couple of really cool ones have been made by members over the years.

Re: D1ck Tracy 2-Way Radio Wrist Watch

HAHA **** Tracy.
:lol:lol:lol

But seriously... this is a project that I'm interested in as well. I remember seeing a comic-version replica on eBay some years ago (machined metal, working clock, static speaker)... it was a nice replica, but I'm more interested in a film-version replica.

I think it was ptbynumbers who did a really nice one!

Dick Tracy. Darn, thought I could trick the censor. Oh, well.

I got around the filter by using a "1" instead of an "i" but it didn't work for the thread title.

Anyway, I'd really like to see some replicas or get some information about any kits that might be available somewhere.

Dick Tracy.

Seems to have worked for me. :angel

There was a show on the history channel once where they interviewed the guy that made to original for the movie. He went through his process of making it and showed a lot of the steps. He had sculpted it from wax and then cast all the parts in metal. Very cool. Non-functional of coarse, but pretty neat to see how they made it.

PS. No, I will not divulge my secret. I imagine some of the mods might have a beef with me for even knowing it myself.:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I removed it from the naughty word filter. We'll just have to police ourselves not to use it in the "bad" context. ;) I could make the system retroactively reinsert it into existing posts but that requires rebuilding the cache of all of the RPF's kajillion bazillion posts, which would tax the server for at least two hours.

Thanks Jay!

Now back to the topic...anyone have any kit information or pics of replicas?

Re: Richard Tracy 2-Way Radio Wrist Watch

There were some great replicas on the Fedora Lounge forums a while back.

Thanks for the lead Raffles. I just looked through the Fedora Lounge forum but didn't find any posts related to Dick Tracy. Do you remember which section and approximate date you saw the posts?

At least 6 months, I'll ask aroud and see if I can get the original poster to cough up some pics.:)

Hi Guys,
Here ya’ go…ENJOY!!!!
Thanks W.C.
Ed-209

DickTracy_2-Way-Wrist-Radio-Comic.jpg

CopyofDickTracy_2-Way-Wrist-Radio-Comic.jpg

DickTracy_2-Way-Wrist-Radio-Movie.jpg

DickTracy_21.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw this thread a few days ago but did not post since I offered the wrist TV casts and not the wrist radio casts. Now that someone mentioned it what the heck, here is how I have mine displayed in a shadowbox.

dt2wwtv.jpg

Temponaut: Thanks for the link! I found it already searching through the old threads but couldn't see any pics.

ED-209: Those replicas are awesome! I would love to have the comic version...who makes that kit?

TheSt.LouisKid: Very cool display. Where did you get the watch?

ED-209: Those replicas are awesome! I would love to have the comic version...who makes that kit?

I'm pretty sure it was offered by Ptbynumbers
Ed-209

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back