My Vader ANH Saber (Heiland Conversion)

SpeedRacerx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After almost a year of research and part procurements, I present my A New Hope Vader Saber. I started with a "correct" Heiland flash unit, then purchased another Heiland flash to acquire the most accurate Heiland end cap to an MPP. The clamp assembly and bulb release were one of the last from John at YodasHouse. The T-Track is from Roy at WannaWanga. The D-Ring is from a friend here on the RPF. And finally the shroud I kept as the original Heiland "incorrect" two-step. Take a look through the pictures to see my solution for moving the bulb release to the correct MPP side of these Heiland versions. I bored out the threaded hole on that side of the flash and used that hole to be where the bulb release button would fit into. I then marked and drilled the two holes for the two screws that mount the bulb release assembly to the flash. Making it a tight fit and threading these two holes some, the bulb release screws, and the button are now what holds the "guts" of the flash into the body. Mounting the bulb release assembly this way makes it slightly higher than I believe it should be, but I felt the need to utilize that existing screw hole, and it's not an actual MPP flash after all. I tried the film canister solution to the clamp sleeve, but either the clamp shape or flash body isn't exactly the same as other flash versions, and it was too much for the clamp to be able to close correctly. So I currently have no sleeves, and as seen in the last picture the clamp is quite low. It moves around rather easily without a sleeve.

This was my first dive into saber making and I have to thank Master Chaim Sym-Cha and Roy Gilsing roygilsing the most for inspiring and helping me along the way. Go support Roy at www.wannawanga.com!

Here's a semi step by step during construction:

Vader_1.JPG

Vader_2.JPG

Vader_3.JPG

Vader_4.JPG

Vader_6.JPG

Vader_7.JPG

Vader_8.JPG

Justin aka Speed Racer

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome build sir. I've got my 2 Heilands (parts swapped), & an Exactra. Now I'm just waiting for some more parts to get here. & I love the work you've done! Very inspiring! I haven't found the right bulb release, as of yet. Is it originally from an MPP? Or was that a "found part" the prop builders just stuck on? I'm also curious about the numbers of bubbles to use. Is it 7? Or 6?
In any event, your saber looks great. & I can't wait to really get into my build.

Last edited:
Roy is working on a replica bulb release button ... which is a part of the MPP ... as for the bubbles ... usually Vader has 6 bubbles ... however the ANH V2 (black sidebars) might have had 6.75 bubbles, say almost 7 in full :wacko

Chaim

Thanks for the love everyone!

And Sym-Cha, I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet LOL. But I do have an Anovos Stormtrooper suit coming...

Now I will start to finish my Luke ESB saber. Roy's parts arrived the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy is working on a replica bulb release button ... which is a part of the MPP ... as for the bubbles ... usually Vader has 6 bubbles ... however the ANH V2 (black sidebars) might have had 6.75 bubbles, say almost 7 in full :wacko

Chaim

Thank you Sym-Cha. You are truly a treasure sir :cheers.
That would sweet if Roy did a bulb release. Please Roy, do a bulb release! :)
I don't know which Vader saber I'm going to build first. I'm leaning twords ESB/ROTJ because my MR ESB was damaged (cat), & the shroud is bald in two spots. I've got two sets of T-tracks coming from Roy, one set for ANH & one set for ESB/ROTJ. Plus, my MR ANH is perfect & I got the MPP replica from CSS.
Good luck with your ESB Luke saber, SpeedRacerx. If you already have your GRAFLEX... I'm jealous. I know it'll look great, cause your Vader looks awesome.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back