Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber mods

So theres enough space even after sinking the exposed bits? Man I can't wait to start on this.

It's tricky, but yes. I used small steel parts, then ended up hiding an old steel socket inside the base of the blade, which is connected to the vibration sensor. Check out this shot:

Here's a teaser shot of my hilt. Almost done. Excited to shoot some better pics of it over the next couple days. Overall, I'm super happy with it. More pics and details soon.

That's looking sweet. From the looks of it I think I'm just gonna gut it, and make a static hilt. How does the two shells close, screws I'm guessing? I might just plastic weld the whole thing so there's no screws visible.

That's looking sweet. From the looks of it I think I'm just gonna gut it, and make a static hilt. How does the two shells close, screws I'm guessing? I might just plastic weld the whole thing so there's no screws visible.

Yes, the two halves screw together. The one tricky area is the cap ring near the emitter. It holds the halves together, and it's glued in place. It takes some work to get it off without destroying it.

It's tricky, but yes. I used small steel parts, then ended up hiding an old steel socket inside the base of the blade, which is connected to the vibration sensor. Check out this shot:

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dmpsk8/Photo20Jan200220102018205420PM_zps3o67tnnh.jpg~original[/URL]

Here's a teaser shot of my hilt. Almost done. Excited to shoot some better pics of it over the next couple days. Overall, I'm super happy with it. More pics and details soon.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dmpsk8/Photo20Jan20062082000201220PM_zpsohlqup7q.jpg~original[/URL]

You made a great job,man.The saber looks great.But you need the tranparent red wire!;)

The originalsaber has a clear over the sword.

24216385ze.jpg

The originalsaber has a clear over the sword.

Good eye! I'm not replacing my wire, but I'm sure someone will have some fun with that. Looks very cool. I haven't seen this shot before. Is it the official hero hilt? I know there were apparently a few versions.

Look in the Thread "Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics" here on board.
You will find lots of awesome HD pics of the different sabers there.

You have to snap them off. I pulled mine downward until they popped off. Do it carefully.

By downward you mean...towards the hilt? Snapping the plastic?

I was looking at Dr Talyn's photos and they appeared to have taken off just the plastic cover

By downward you mean...towards the hilt? Snapping the plastic?

I was looking at Dr Talyn's photos and they appeared to have taken off just the plastic cover

You can try. I couldn't get them off that way to save my life. haha.

Those parts, and the cap near the emitter are glued in place. Some may be easier to remove than others.

You can try. I couldn't get them off that way to save my life. haha.

Those parts, and the cap near the emitter are glued in place. Some may be easier to remove than others.

I ended up using an XACTO knife to cut them in half. Now I got to figure out how to take the top ring off...

Edit: Butterknife did the trick

Last edited:
Kinda wish I hadn't spent £175 on a ForceFX saber now ;p Great work! Are you planning on installing any blades into the hilt?

Incredible work mate!!!! Looks fantastic.

Thanks, I was pretty happy with it. It is being treated as simply a display piece.

Kinda wish I hadn't spent £175 on a ForceFX saber now ;p Great work! Are you planning on installing any blades into the hilt?

Haha, thanks. For $30, I think it's a great deal. Not installing a blade on this one. The guts would need re-engineered to make the blade strong enough. I could see overhauling an ultimateFX (or even forceFx) to do this though. That hollow 3D print from the other thread also looks like a good option too.

Did you seal up the whole thing so you cant get to the batteries? That's another reason I gutted mine, dont want to deal with exploding batteries later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back