Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/26/16

Re: Emerald City Comicon 2016 - updated 02/17/16

Well they started posting the pricing for autographs and photo ops. These prices are getting worse all the time.

I REALLY wish I had met Reedus back in 2011 when he was there for the Boondock Saints table they had. $80 for a signature and $100 photo op seems extremely steep. I think Stan Lee was less than that for a photo op last year...

I know Patrick Stewart was as well as Leonard Nimoy a few years back. This stuff is a total budget killer!

Well they started posting the pricing for autographs and photo ops. These prices are getting worse all the time.

I REALLY wish I had met Reedus back in 2011 when he was there for the Boondock Saints table they had. $80 for a signature and $100 photo op seems extremely steep. I think Stan Lee was less than that for a photo op last year...

I know Patrick Stewart was as well as Leonard Nimoy a few years back. This stuff is a total budget killer!

Yeah, Norman is the highest this year, which is crazy. I'm REALLY glad I actually had the chance to meet him before. :(

So, I realize that this is going to sound self-serving given my participation in Writer's Block the last two years, but...

We've gotten announcements about random, ancillary stuff like the "official beer" of ECCC, but still not a single peep about Writer's Block. I know people who went last year just to see authors who were coming, and every WB panel was full to capacity, but they haven't said anything about it this year... When authors like Pat Rothfuss are creating their own event pages on Facebook to let their fans know they're going to be at the area's biggest conventions slightly over a month out, that seems like a problem.

:confused

Boy.... I wonder if it has to do with ReedPop's acquisition. Don't they have to release show programming soon??? I'm surprised they wouldn't implement WB into ECCC again. Hasn't this been running for years now?

This transition is supposed to appear seamless, but from what I have seen so far it has been anything, but. Some things are suffering this time around I can tell.

My favorite comments are the ones who say that this will be their last con. Probably true until they change their mind next year...

I don't like the overall whole entertainment lineup as opposed to every year past I have gone, but it won't stop me from going ever.

Oh, noes, sportsball players are invading ECCC?! (just kidding, we have some certified geeks in sports these days)

Seahawks Richard Sherman and Bobby Wagner are going to be at ECCC Thursday to play Call of Duty 3 as part of a tournament.

and still no Writer's Block info.

Yeah and another one just cancelled due to a sudden movie production launch start. I think that was pretty crappy to do on the Actress's/Agency's part and not demand they push the date back a few days due to it being 48 hours before comicon. Lousy to do to the fans.

So, we've got 3 cancellations now... and I only see where two of them have been announced on Facebook: both girls from Supergirl and Jenna Coleman are now cancelled. Oof, this is not good...

VERY lack luster guests for ECCC and Rose City CC a few months back. Both put on by Reedpoop.
Oh well. I'll be there for the next four days helping at my buddy's booth.

Rose City is not a ReedPop con. Not yet. I'm sure they'll set their sights on it sooner or later.

A lot of people from ECCC would go down to help out at RCCC, so that's probably what threw you.

Sorry I missed your panel Firesprite! Hope you and anyone else that came had fun. I actually really enjoyed this year. I've been seeing more and more coment about the cancelations but to be honest it is /way/ better that what happened last year. I think the fact that they didn't get replacements has made people forget that a /ton/ of celebs canceled the 2015 show as well as quite a few artists and comic guests.

They expanded the panels for the literary guests which I was super stoked about. The 'Writers block' was (accept for one misprint in the program book) way more organized than last year and autographs were still free, woot. All in all I had a lot of fun and look forward to next year.

Sorry I missed your panel Firesprite! Hope you and anyone else that came had fun. I actually really enjoyed this year. I've been seeing more and more coment about the cancelations but to be honest it is /way/ better that what happened last year. I think the fact that they didn't get replacements has made people forget that a /ton/ of celebs canceled the 2015 show as well as quite a few artists and comic guests.

They expanded the panels for the literary guests which I was super stoked about. The 'Writers block' was (accept for one misprint in the program book) way more organized than last year and autographs were still free, woot. All in all I had a lot of fun and look forward to next year.

We did, actually! Despite the fact that the panel started just before the floor closed and would end afterward, we were nearly at capacity and we had some really good discussion. The audience was amazing and we actually outlasted the staff because we wanted to make sure everyone who had questions for us got a chance to ask them.

I gotta be honest, I had a near panic attack leaving the house because it's the first time I had gone to an event like this on my own, but the panel more than made up for the fact that going to con solo is really not all that much fun to me. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back