The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I'm going to try and get some of the trophies, but probably not all. I think I will try New Game + mode, but its then set on insane hardness. Kinda scared. Are you planning on doing everything to get the final ending?

No clue, I'm usually not a completist in these games, especially because I find the Riddler stuff to be completely annoying. In fact, I was a couple of hours into the game before I found the first one, I was hoping they had just dropped it, but... no such luck.

No clue, I'm usually not a completist in these games, especially because I find the Riddler stuff to be completely annoying. In fact, I was a couple of hours into the game before I found the first one, I was hoping they had just dropped it, but... no such luck.

Yeah, took me a few days to do all the riddler stuff. At the very least, watch the ending on youtube, its crazy.

I'm only a little ways into Arkham Knight, not digging it as much as the last two. I've been working on the DLC story missions and they're just not fun at all. Everyone dies so easily compared to batman and the enemy which makes no sense. Even Robin's a big wimp compared to before.

https://youtu.be/ZGrF9kp3ixY

The good: the likely return of KOTOR

The bad: F@&! YOU console exclusivity!!! I hate thee with the fire of an infinite number of universes. If EVER there was an Devil signed agreement between "competing" CEOs it was this, so they know people will buy all systems just to play exclusives. F&*C YOU!!!

The Ugly: It's being made my BIOWARE/EA...so....yea, probably a disappointment.

The had an update on Gamespot and PC Gamer that said it was incorrect. The insider said that Bioware prototyped something that would show what they could do with a new KOTOR game, but that they aren't officially working on it now. I also hope by reboot they mean a new story in that era, not a new story with the same cast as KOTOR. Although, I'm torn because those characters are great and deserve to be canon, but I don't think they could top the original game story.

as a nintendo fan, you get used to not playing the best version or any version of the latest and greatest so i agree about console exclusives

Nintendo, IMO has kind of has taken a backseat to Xbox and PS. Once again, IMO, Nintendo games just seemed more geared towards a younger audience. I know it isn't completely that way, but I know it's why I lost interest in it as a whole and got into Playstation when it came out. The last Nintendo I owned was the SNES. Played a few games on the N64(Shadows of the Empire) and never touched the Gamecube. I did buy a Wii for a short time about 10 years ago but...it was for my kids and I think we had it for less than a year before selling it. Nintendo just lost me as I got older.

I understand not wanting to give up your "brand" title or character, i.e. (Mario = Nintendo, Master Chief = Xbox), they are known by their mother systems/companies(maybe even so much as Link for Nintendo as well) and I get having ownership on those games. But other console exclusives make it just reek of buy all the systems to play all the games.

The had an update on Gamespot and PC Gamer that said it was incorrect. The insider said that Bioware prototyped something that would show what they could do with a new KOTOR game, but that they aren't officially working on it now. I also hope by reboot they mean a new story in that era, not a new story with the same cast as KOTOR. Although, I'm torn because those characters are great and deserve to be canon, but I don't think they could top the original game story.

Thanks for that update.

And yea I completely agree, I'd rather have a remaster than a reboot if we can't just get KOTOR 3.

Nintendo, IMO has kind of has taken a backseat to Xbox and PS. Once again, IMO, Nintendo games just seemed more geared towards a younger audience. I know it isn't completely that way, but I know it's why I lost interest in it as a whole and got into Playstation when it came out. The last Nintendo I owned was the SNES. Played a few games on the N64(Shadows of the Empire) and never touched the Gamecube. I did buy a Wii for a short time about 10 years ago but...it was for my kids and I think we had it for less than a year before selling it. Nintendo just lost me as I got older.

I understand not wanting to give up your "brand" title or character, i.e. (Mario = Nintendo, Master Chief = Xbox), they are known by their mother systems/companies(maybe even so much as Link for Nintendo as well) and I get having ownership on those games. But other console exclusives make it just reek of buy all the systems to play all the games.

and then i see some reviews for battle front, and realize..maybe missing out on some of this stuff isn't so bad after all :)..

But yeah, i evnetually got into XBox, not only because of getting some games i would have missed out on playing the proper way (Ghostbusters, Turtles), but also for their arcade downloads. something i wish nintendo would step up on. and not just re release the same games over and over and over again.

never thought i'd say this, but xbox seems better run than nintendo at the moment.

So...There's already rumours that we'll get a SNES mini next Christmas.

If they keep continuing like this then in a couple of years I might get a GameCube mini!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know what Disney needs to do? Make some serious adventure games based on Maui from Moana.

It would be like windwaker meets Wonderboy 3.

That would be an amazing game series

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just recently re-bought the PS3 killzone "bundle" pack and am looking forward to playing this series again.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know what happened to Wes R I just noticed he was banned?

I just recently re-bought the PS3 killzone "bundle" pack and am looking forward to playing this series again.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know what happened to Wes R I just noticed he was banned?

04.26.2017 Wes R has been banned at his own request.

you can check out all the banned members here

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=103508 -Members ban log in Community Section, Site Support and news sub section and then finally member ban log thread. Although the post itself is not always officially updated they regularly edit the 2 or 3 posts for it to include the newest banned members

yeah, sucks on wes. but, i can understand needing a break on things.

i'm toying around with checking local toys r us for the last nes mini's. b ut i think the scalpers at 5am would probably long beat me to it.

yeah I agree. remember when a game system was out for years then a "special" edition color came out in a bundle?. now everything is RUSH RUSH RUSH. I really think Nintendo is going to go belly up like sega.... :(

Nintendo has finally explained the NES Mini being discontinued.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/28/15474358/nes-classic-discontinued-why-nintendo

Basically, they claim they do not have the resources to continue making them.

Maybe they could find the resources if they stopped producing so many color variations and special editions of 3DS...:rolleyes

how in bad a shape are they?

another thing going belly up soon i guess.

sigh.

I guess the first sign was them getting desperate enough to make a mario mobile phone game rather than new super mario brothers 3 onthe DS.

if i was a stock holder, i'd be asking serious questions now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back