The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

It's not worth it honestly. I'm sure the quality is better than the sega versions but at least some of them play the carts and the handheld ones have sd slots.

There are a ton of mods available on XB1 (using them turns off achievements if you're hunting those, fyi), but given that the console is about as powerful as a low end pc you're not going to get a whole lot of big texture mods or huge visual fidelity improvements because the console just can't handle them. That having been said, there are an awful lot of character mods and gameplay tweaks to find and play with. FWIW I found it much easier to go through bethesda's website and favorite mods that way rather than try to search through the list in game on my xbox.

I got shipping confirmation of my copy of Zero dawn, it'll be here tomorrow once UPS gets around to it. On that note I miss our old UPS guy who was here at 9am all the time.

I hate when people pack game files in a zip folder only to have zipped them each individually, you're not saving that much space you idiots so stop that and just let me open the folder and copy the files. I spent 2 hours on one folder last night.

I got shipping confirmation of my copy of Zero dawn, it'll be here tomorrow once UPS gets around to it. On that note I miss our old UPS guy who was here at 9am all the time.

My copy is also on the way along with For Honor and Berserk: Band of the Hawk. I also just bought Stardew Valley on the PS4 and pre-ordered the Gold edition of Middle Earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to Middle Earth: War for Mordor. Announcement trailer just came out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5LbCZMpCA

My copy of shadow of mordor just shipped actually. So far Zero Dawn is pretty good despite it being bashed by the xbox fanboys. It plays alot like Tomb Raider and Uncharted and my only real complaints are having to use items to fast travel and relics not appearing on their version of Lara's special sense vision. They found really amusing descriptions for every day items that you find 1000 years later such as keys on a ring being ancient chimes.

Edit: I always knew the voice of the guy controlling the funding in xcom sounded familiar: Warning has some language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...EVm9OWN1PFZ&src_vid=CILGuNPLUJ0&v=qehLhqLx6Ak

Last edited:
16 minutes of Alpha Gameplay from Middle Earth: Shadow of War - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xg2-NC8Ijw

OH...MY...GOD... if I hadn't already pre-ordered the Gold Edition I would have right after that.

Also firmware 4.50 coming to PS4 tomorrow, which means BOOST MODE for PS4 Pro users, which means I am putting Shadow of Mordor right back on my system and playing through it again in the new boost mode. Also ordering myself a nice big external HD.
New features in firmware 4.50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7RJD71fzM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/08/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-out-tomorrow/

Last edited:
I'm so freaking sick of updates. Every time i put in a game it's a 20 minute 60gb update for something I don't use. Infinite Warfare just shoved one down my throat that took an hour yesterday thanks to PSN's crappy download speeds.

Just an FYI walmart has a ton of games for under 16.00 right now, i got duck tales remastered for 12.88. Sadly most are xbox 360 games so they don't do me much good until i get the system working again, plus i bet they're like 5.00 used online.

Oculus Rift dropped their price by 25%!

Robot Recall is awesome on Oculus Rift and it comes free with the Touch controllers.

I still need to try Robo Recall. its downloaded and ready to go lol. the Bullet Train demo they did was so fun

the big one I can't wait for is Lone Echo. the multiplayer is basically Enders Game battle room

I didn't realize how many games I have from gog.com that were free. They were having a heck of a sale today but my pc can't handle half of them.
Edit: Well I'm not impressed by Warner Bros game branch anymore. I tried Shadow of Mordor and it's not fun at all having a character who barely can survive a few hits. Sadly Arkham knight isn't any better, since when are all these characters so fragile? I never had issues with the other games in the series. Looks like WB is on my list of not to buy new from just like bungie and bioware.

Last edited:
I hate New Vegas again.
Doing the Dead Money DLC and absolutely hating every moment of it.
Not even remotely "fun". Utterly irritating.

Dead Money was the worst of the DLC for the game, especially when trying to get all the trophies while i was there. Still not really liking Arkham City, something about it just feels off. Not to mention the terrible controls for driving the batmobile, i drive it in tank mode just so it handles well.

I thought the Dead Money story and location were great. The stupid holograms and fog are annoying. Oh then the best part is putting the protective suits that the Ghost People wear in a later DLC. No problem you think, I'll do that one first and bring that suit. Oh no you don't we take away all your gear! :behave

The story and location are okay it's the annoying characters and other crap. Actually when it comes to story it's the one with the least storyline. At least with the floating brains you get a silly 1950s scifi storyline and when you're running around going after whatshisname in the radioactive areas there's a lot to look at and do. I'm sick of hearing about zelda and people saying that Horizon zero dawn wasn't good. Some moron at polygon is all on bioware's junk about mass effect and how he's never going to get around to playing zero dawn as if a bioware game is going to take more than a month to beat. The sad part is that new multiplayer only ubisoft cookie cutter wild lands game beat zero dawn in sales. Which tells you that you have to aim really low to get gamers these days.

All I know is that I have been reinvigorated to play games again. Even though I turn 40 in 4 days... :(

All it took was a ps4pro and an OLED TV. LOL!

Dear lord the games that are in 4K HDR are jaw dropping to look at... the last tomb raider and uncharted look shockingly different than they did on PS4 and my late model1080p Samsung plasma (I loved that TV)

My buddy brought over the Nintendo switch and I couldn't believe how awesome it looked... all the people dissing it's power and resolution are dumb. For what they are doing it is a really nice piece of tech that feels very solid in portable mode and again, looks amazing on a 4K HDR OLED. Like a truly controllable cartoon!

I really enjoyed Zelda. And eventually will pick it up.

I'm going to get a switch in a few months once bills are caught up and birthdays are taken care of. Apparently there's a new fallout 4 mod that has totally changed settlement building as it treats it like SIM City and the settlers build all the stuff themselves once you plot out the areas to be made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Dj4m_uj5s I agree with most people that this is how the settlement building should have been. I'd love to see Horizon zero dawn on a ps4 pro. Went to walmart the other day and they had 65" tvs for what we paid for my 45 inch but i'm not sure if it was 4k.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back