The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Wouldn't you love a new platformer star wars game? Something like metroidvania?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I just want atari star wars released with the proper yoke and simply plug into your computer via usb or TV for proper play.

Trying to play it on mame with an xbox controller is possible, but highly annoying because you can't do your usual quick moves with precision.

but yeah. a new platformer like the Super series would be nice. or shooters like the DOS xwing games. god i have great memories of those.
I should fire up the digital copies they released a year or so again....have to find 'em though.

I love the Super Star Wars games, but they are so hard.
Been playing Final Fantasy 9, all I have left is to try and beat the super boss of the game.

BTW, has anyone played Chrono Trigger? Thats still one of my all time favorites. I have this insane goal of playing though it 100 times. Although if I ever get there, it will be more than that. Played through 7 times on the SNES until the file deleted itself one night. So now I've been playing the badly redone Playstation version. So far, I've gone though it 30 something times. Can't even remember now. One new game + playthrough consist of getting everything until I have 99 of everything.
Silly goals.

I want chronotrigger for the SNES but that version is so expensive, it's up there with FF3 (us) and Earthbound. The PlayStation version was good for what it was, apparently there's a nintendo handheld port of it too. I wish square would have put out collections like they did the Final fantasy/chronotrigger set with their other snes games.

I still have my original FFIII and Chrono Trigger on SNES. Even had a copy of Earthbound at my house for years, but it belonged to a friend who only recently had remembered he had left it here and is coming to pick it up at some point; probably because he found out how much it is worth nowadays. Also still have my Shadowrun SNES game which apparently can go for quite a bit on Ebay.

Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games. One of those games that did everything right. I still consider Final Fantasy III (VI) to be the crown jewel of the entire Final Fantasy series, and I never get tired of playing Shadowrun on SNES.

Damn I should start digging out my closet. If it was square soft I owned it. I might still have all those in either my house or my brother has them at his. How much are they worth? The most I ever made on selling a video game was $380 for my copy of Valkyrie profile & guide book on eBay.

i really enjoyed Star Ocean : second story. That's one of my favorites.

Damn I should start digging out my closet. If it was square soft I owned it. I might still have all those in either my house or my brother has them at his. How much are they worth? The most I ever made on selling a video game was $380 for my copy of Valkyrie profile & guide book on eBay.

i really enjoyed Star Ocean : second story. That's one of my favorites.

For just the cartridge of Earthbound, between $225 and $300. For a complete mint condition Earthbound set with all the original stuff that came with it, over $1000.
Chrono Trigger for just the cartridge is about $200, but can go up to $500 for a complete mint bundle, box, booklets and posters, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

stupid question. is steam an official game site?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/354430/

I saw this and that it had rebel assult 2. i played the hell out of that in HS and it was cool at the time cause it had LA cut scenes.
would love to play again.

Yes, Steam is probably the main reason PC gaming even exists today.

For just the cartridge of Earthbound, between $225 and $300. For a complete mint condition Earthbound set with all the original stuff that came with it, over $1000.
Chrono Trigger for just the cartridge is about $200, but can go up to $500 for a complete mint bundle, box, booklets and posters, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Steam is probably the main reason PC gaming even exists today.

Ok, I thought it was the same site, but i'm not into the gaming world, so I wanted to be absolutely sure.

thank you :)

I can enjoy some rebel assult 2 tomorrow for the first time in 15 years or so.

I try to "main' atleast 1 character from every role but end up playing alot of support (Lucio) cus not alot want to play that. Altho if i can pick its Soldier, Junkrat and prob Hanzo

How has your luck been with the lootboxes? around lvl 45 and so far havent had a single legendary :unsure

I've not had much luck with the lootboxes, I'm lvl 57. The game is great though and I enjoy swapping mains. I've had great fun playing with a friend with both of us as Junkrat, on Kings Row it destroys!

I have never beat Double Dragon on the NES. I can get to last guy and I die. I think that is the only game I have never beat. I still have no idea what happens. The plot line is so deep. Do they get the girl or not!! It makes me mad just thinking about it...
Still like the theme music though.

I have never beat Double Dragon on the NES. I can get to last guy and I die. I think that is the only game I have never beat. I still have no idea what happens. The plot line is so deep. Do they get the girl or not!! It makes me mad just thinking about it...
You've never beat double dragon? It isn't easy but it's a pretty cool ending.

I never played it on nes but I certainly put a lot of quarters in the machines

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Same here. I remember getting to these pillars that would pop out of the side of the wall and kept hitting me. Then after that ninjas or something like that did me in. Haven't played the game in like 10 years at least since I got that far.

Same here. I remember getting to these pillars that would pop out of the side of the wall and kept hitting me. Then after that ninjas or something like that did me in. Haven't played the game in like 10 years at least since I got that far.
I could get past the ninjas but it was the gun toting guy that would get me.... EVERYTIME!
I just remembered another game I never beat for the NES. Solomons Key. Remember that one anybody? I loved that game but never got to the end. That was on my favorite list.

There are TONS of NES games I never beat (mostly because I didn't own an NES and would only play at friends' houses), but even then, we never beat:

- SMB2
- SMB3
- Double Dragon
- Operation Wolf
- Bayou Billy
- Battletoads
- Mega Man 2 (even WITH a Game Genie!)

Etc., etc., etc.

I could get past the ninjas but it was the gun toting guy that would get me.... EVERYTIME!
I just remembered another game I never beat for the NES. Solomons Key. Remember that one anybody? I loved that game but never got to the end. That was on my favorite list.

Solomons key, i know that one well. I never beat it and it has always stuck in my head. I want to play it again since I'm not a little kid anymore. Figure I could beat now.

The only other game I can recall not beating was ghost n goblins. I have a love hate relationship with it.

Who has actually beaten Ghosts 'n' Goblins without cheating/hacking? Seriously. I want to know who. Especially given that you have to play THE ENTIRE GAME OVER AGAIN to actually win!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back