Dragoncon 2016

Got my room back at the Marriott. Much cheaper than the ritz. Although the elevator lines will be worse. I was lucky and got a room in the first minute on the Marriott website. The website forces you to book 6 nights. Gonna call and see if they will change that. Anyone else get stuck with a 6 night minimum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad for you my friend, sadly I wasn't able to get a room stayed there the past 2 years, have no Idea what I'm going to do this year?...

Forums been quite lately, so...How many of you have bought a piece of Dragoncon history?....

12119171_10156133752700576_163649423342032668_n.jpg

Hey folks,

Since yesterday was Back To The Future day. Don't forget to grab your special edition of the USA Today newspaper today. Unlike Pepsi's sad attempt at offering a cool replica /real product of Pepsi Perfect with their stupid 6500 unit limited run, USA Today is releasing the "Youth Jailed" USA Today newspaper in news stands nationwide.

I snagged mine early this morning and I must say it's really badass, it's very cool!

"Doc, this is heavy"

BTTF II USA Today.jpg

I made a short video about it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfulnerd?fref=ts

What's cool is that today is the correct day for the newspaper in the BTTF universe. Doc and Marty go into the future to Oct 21st, the day that Marty jr. commits the crime, so the paper the next day would have the headline.

So what costume is everyone working on right now?...If your working on one? I know everyone waits till last minute stuff...But I'm working on Boba Fett for my son for the Star Wars Episode 7 release, but trying to get it done in time for Halloween so he can wear it...here's my build of the progress from beginning to present...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247514

Ive complete Indy and marion for my wife and I and im just finishing up a T2 costume for halloween for my son. Complete with electric minigun. I'll post some pics when its all finished

Early stages of my Beetle MKII flightsuit from the spider-man comics (see avatar)...:sleep zzzzzlowww build

I love this so much! Can't wait to see the finished costume.

Honestly I hadn't built very much. I have a few ideas for my next cosplays, but mostly researching and flushing ideas out.

As soon as I actually make something I'll post a pic. :lol

MatrixSpoon

Here is the updated RPF Badge for the 2016 DragonCon RPF meetup.

I changed certain elements to the Red color from last year. I think maybe because the RPF Flag you made is Red, perhaps that should just be the color moving forward for badges. It creates continuity.

Let me know what you think.

DragonCon 2016 RPF Meetup Badge v2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Researching a lot of period clothes and boots for my Abe Lincoln mash up.
Found some cool boots and belts. Trying to find the correct style long coat.

So what costume is everyone working on right now?...If your working on one? I know everyone waits till last minute stuff...But I'm working on Boba Fett for my son for the Star Wars Episode 7 release, but trying to get it done in time for Halloween so he can wear it...here's my build of the progress from beginning to present...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247514

i dont yet have any specific cosplay pics to add to a badge like you are saying and while this would be an awesome addition for those who do cosplay, some of the guys here are just prop makers who dont actually do cosplay. personally, for my badge im happy with my avatar pic and the red RPF logo since my avatar pic has a black background anyway, but the basic concept you have in that pic is pretty damn good.

- - - Updated - - -

oh also just wanted to mention that if anyone was looking for a room i have space at the sheraton and space at the indigo hotel for 300 a person

just wanted to shoot out a WIP so people can hold me accountable and make sure i actually finish this build like i keep saying im going to to every year. i took a predator "stalker" model i found and replaced the mouth with dtarh vader and moved the "catfish whiskers" back and to the sides as well as re sectioned the want the mandalorian style helmet and the predator intersected to give the pred a dome shaped top which also gave it the rather interesting inverted widows peak i will be using as an accent detailhelmconmod1.png

- - - Updated - - -

im currently almost finished withj the new pepakura unfold but the only changes to the pred stalker i actually made were making the whiskers and mouth separate objects so i can build them and reposition as well as added the dome. the dome is also a separate piece but it wont be hard to attach during the build/hardening stage

- - - Updated - - -

i will be building the vader mouth section as a separate piece that i will position and modify as needed to get it to fit into the overall build and will probably use some of the detailing from the pred mouth as an addition over the main open area of the vader mouth

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back