Help! Lighting Goggles with LED Micro lights (Mr. Freeze build)

Mister Wayne

Hey guys,

So I've been working on this Mr. Freeze build for a while and I'm trying to get this set of goggles:
CIMG4035_zpsv9do1zez.jpg
To light from the inside, like this:
Freeze.jpg
I've tried several different things, including Fiber optic strands ran around the circumference of the lenses (too dim) to now these single LED bulbs in a handy case with an On/Off switch. Problem is that they are too intense and shine out in a single beam that doesn't illuminate the whole lens:
CIMG4036_zpsridjtcnl.jpg

I've taken sandpaper to the LED's to try and diffuse the light, but it only cuts it down so much.

Do you guys have any suggestions for how to diffuse the light from a single LED, all within the constraints of a pair of goggles? Alternatively, can you provide any other solutions to lighting these goggles? I've looked at miniature O-Rings (far too expensive), LED rope lights (too thick), fiber optic strands and now these, but everything so far has been either too large to fit into the space, or too dim/focused.

I'd look into how people are doing Iron Man eyes as I think the idea is similar. You'll want to edge-light the lenses with LEDs around the circumference pointed at each other or possibly angled a little outward.

use parchment paper or tracing paper to help spread out the light add a lot of circular pieces of the paper id say 10 - 11 and add 4 led per eye in the top corners of each goggle

- - - Updated - - -

also if u use it in day time you will barley see it anyhow

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back