Star Wars: questions you've always wanted answers for

I thought that the crystal was in the lightsaber to focus the light. If this is the correct use, it makes sense to use the crystals to focus the DS laser. I've never heard that it had anything to do with enhancing a user's force power.

how does that work? I mean do you eject into space with a Shute to just free float away in space. Does the Death Star have a gravitational pull? Is there a little booster engine that is at the back of the cockpit...so you break your x-wing into a I wing/ mini ship?

The pilots' helmets originally had oxygen masks and longer visors that sealed to them. That was changed so we could see the actors' faces better. The closed-face version still shows up in the EU, and can be presumed to be a function of those helmets that we just never see onscreen. The rest of the outfit is presumed to be a nice, ultra-futuristic spacesuit. And some versions have a clamshell closing around the pilot seat and that's what gets ejected. Either way, just presume there's a vacuum-rated ejection system that won't kill the pilot, and we just never see it used. Otherwise, the line would have been likely cut in one of George's many revisions.

--Jonah

The pilots' helmets originally had oxygen masks and longer visors that sealed to them. That was changed so we could see the actors' faces better. The closed-face version still shows up in the EU, and can be presumed to be a function of those helmets that we just never see onscreen. The rest of the outfit is presumed to be a nice, ultra-futuristic spacesuit. And some versions have a clamshell closing around the pilot seat and that's what gets ejected. Either way, just presume there's a vacuum-rated ejection system that won't kill the pilot, and we just never see it used. Otherwise, the line would have been likely cut in one of George's many revisions.

--Jonah

were any of the face masks made for production and scrapped? curious to see pictures

origtablexwings_zpsw51o2b6b.jpg

2993356140106012464JjcCIO_ph_zpsafya2fwy.jpg

(1) How do you set up a blockade around a planet in space... in a single circle... and why do ships flying off the planet fly directly into it instead of just going over it?

(2) ATATs only seem to have guns on the "head"... Why do the rebel pilots keep flying straight

(3) Why did R2 not use his rocket legs in the 3 original movies?

(4) How can Luke use the force to flip switches and move stuff around, but has to throw a rock at a button to drop the door on the Rancor?
i can answer 3 easily , the jawa's removed them and hocked them to bounty hunters :lol

Why the force was not used to disassemble opponent's lightsaber or hold the switch off. It would make for a non interesting lightsaber stand off though.

When c3po and r2 eject in the escape pod in ANH and the imperial officer says "hold your fire there is no life forms "
this always drove me crazy ? WHY HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Energy conservation ? I don't think an imperial star destroyer needs to worry about that ?
Imagine the gunners internal conversation ! I could have upped my weekly accuracy score so much for winning the slab of tatooine tubes
is it control, a sign of control to not have to fire unless required ......see answer 1.
or did George. Gsump it ........errrrgh well we cannot do effect yet

When c3po and r2 eject in the escape pod in ANH and the imperial officer says "hold your fire there is no life forms "
this always drove me crazy ? WHY HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Energy conservation ? I don't think an imperial star destroyer needs to worry about that ?
Imagine the gunners internal conversation ! I could have upped my weekly accuracy score so much for winning the slab of tatooine tubes
is it control, a sign of control to not have to fire unless required ......see answer 1.
or did George. Gsump it ........errrrgh well we cannot do effect yet
The interesting thing about this is that Droids are such an intelligent form of life in the galaxy.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Why the force was not used to disassemble opponent's lightsaber or hold the switch off. It would make for a non interesting lightsaber stand off though.

I would assume that a) lightsabers are constructed in such a way that they're not affected by the Force other than their own wielder, and/or b) they're connected to the wielder's flow of the Force, and therefore protected while they're still in the wielder's hands.

I would assume that a) lightsabers are constructed in such a way that they're not affected by the Force other than their own wielder, and/or b) they're connected to the wielder's flow of the Force, and therefore protected while they're still in the wielder's hands.
or force offensive is no option if having to use the force for force defense to prevent opponent from breaking body, Pulling arms out of sockets like a wookie for example. :D

If Han & Chewie are both in the cockpit when they return to the Battle of Yavin right before Luke destroys the Death Star at the end of Ep IV A New Hope, who fired the lasers from the Millenium Falcon?

Those were pretty precise hits for somebody not to be seated in the laser wells

I'm pretty sure those guns can be remotely operated. It would be pretty pointless if not. Otherwise Han would need two other crew members almost all the time.

I just re-watched the ROTJ, and here's what I'm wondering: near the very end, when the Force Ghosts appear to Luke, Leia comes and hugs him. She smiles at him and they both leave after Luke looks at the Ghosts one more time. But Leia doesn't react to them at all. So, did they appear just for Luke to see them?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back