Unlimited Run Jimmiroquai's TFA/TLJ Stormtrooper Armor Set: Casting on demand

jimmiroquai

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATED AS OF: 7/28/17
Casting on demand!

Finally updating this thread because Photobucket SUCKS. NOW offering TLJ Helmets

Hi All!
Slots are open and a 40% down payment (prices below) reserves you a slot. Once slots are filled up, you can be added to the waitlist for the next run.
Armor will be cast in our new flexible fiberglass mix and will be cast in white as well. We’ve designed it to be very easy to assemble. Armor will include all hard parts for either The Force Awakens (TFA) or The Last Jedi (TLJ) configurations.
You can check out the build threads here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239344 for the basic armor

And this video showcases the material we use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdmn8KekTQ&t=15s

2017 helmets: TLJ on theleft, TFA on the right
S0zk6R.jpg

Here's the finished armor in the TLJ configuration.It's made of flexible fiberglass, surface finished and painted withpolyurethane auto paint. In this pic i am 5'8.5" 185 lbs with a 38"waistline. The armor will probably fit someone 5'7"-6'1” with a wide range of girths without too much modification.
FWaOQ8.jpg

ILVLzT.jpg

v8ntYQ.jpg

I3jCcZ.jpg

CGlIYO.jpg

I am selling raw, unpainted flexible fiberglass sets only
Pricing is as follows (all prices plus shipping)
Option 1: Full FOTK set: armor + helmet: $850usd
Option 2: FOTK armor only: $750usd
Option 3: FOTK helmet only: $170usd

Optional Add-ons:

Soft pouches: $20
Cloth gaskets: $120

I will be needing a 40% deposit to include you in the run and to get started on your kit.
Please indicate if you are getting TFA or TLJ
If you’re ordering the gaskets only, I’ll need full payment plus a flatrate 45usd shipping fee.
Balance and shipping will be due when I have your kit on hand, ready to ship. Please wait for me to contact you when you’re run is about to start before sending any payment.
PayPal.Me/jimmiroquai

Please indicate in the paypal message your name / username, what you are paying for, regular or express shipping, and your full shipping address
As before, these will be shipping from the Philippines and to make things a bit simpler, I’ll be listing shipping costs and options by region:
Express Mail Service – EMS (5-10 working days) – Rates have gone up as off 12/16 due to exchange rate decline.
REGION
HELMET
ARMOR
TOTAL Shipping
SE Asia
40usd
100usd
140usd
E Asia
40usd
100usd
140usd
Australia & New Zealand
50usd
170usd
220usd
Canada
60usd
160usd
220usd
EU
70usd
160usd
230usd
UK & Ireland
60usd
160usd
220usd
USA
70usd
225usd
295usd

· There is also the cheapest option of surface shipping by sea and land. This is not available to all countries and takes about 2-3 months transit time. Please email/message me for a quote.

FAQ
1) Will this armor fit me?
A > Without mods, this armor will fit someone 5'6" to around 6'1". Waistline 32" - 45" (guestimate). Thighs are 27" circumference at the widest part. Biceps are 17". If you are familiar with working with fiberglass, or know someone who is, you can modify the armor to fit outside the range. FOTK armor is actually more of a “one size fits almost all” kind of design with gaps being covered by the gaskets

2) Is this armor 501st approved?
A > First off, the 501st doesn't approve just the armor. Nor is any armor "501st approved" out of the box. You have to have all the elements of the whole costume, build and wear the costume to match the CRL and be approved as an individual. That being said, i followed the drafting of the CRL for the FOTK closely and built my armor to be approvable. Some mods will have to be done for the armor to conform to standard, but these mods are minimal and easily done. As of November 11 2015, i'm happy to report that i've been officially 501st approved as a First Order TK in this armor. Another buyer has since been approved as well and more are sure to follow.

3) What is new for this 2017 run?
A> We’ve updated our sculpts and molds so that this will be more accurate out of the box with less additional work for you to be done. We’ve also improved the surfaces of the parts to get them as smooth as possible fresh from the mold to minimize surface finishing before painting. We’re also now offering The Last Jedi configurations of the FOTK.

4) Where do I get the rest of the costume (rubber/cloth gaskets, gloves, boots).
A> You can get accurate capes from Jessica Bowyer on FB. Teresa Nuthall makes cloth gaskets as well. Gloves: any smooth black gloves will do. Undersuit: any black bodysuit will do. Boots, black ankle boots

5) What is the lead time for orders?
A> 1-2 weeks, depending on demand.

Thanks for the interest!
Jim

S0zk6R.jpg

FWaOQ8.jpg

ILVLzT.jpg

v8ntYQ.jpg

I3jCcZ.jpg

CGlIYO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jimmiroquai's TFA Stormtrooper Armor Set

Still 2 slots left for the September run. Target date for these to ship out is mid-October. If you want to suit up before the premier this might be your chance.

Last edited:

Ok, so armor add ons will ship right along with armor? total cost for Raw armor w/ Phasma Helmet and armor add ons? I will 99% take the slot for having it for the premier. please quote total and deposit needed.

ok, can I put the deposit down and the upgrades cost just added to final balance owed then?
Phasma parts (helmet, shin, foot, hand parts) are all still on the drawing board. But it looks as though the whole set of FOTK armor still needs to be used with the exception of the helmet. The rest of the Phasma parts will be add-ons. So if you want, you can order just the armor, so i can ship that out by mid October. If the Phasma parts are available by then, i can ship it with the rest of the armor. If not, i can ship out the armor first, so that you can start working on it in advance, then send you Phasma parts once available. But i still have no absolute time table for the Phasma parts yet.

Ok. So what is the deposit I need to send. Also Will the Phasma helmet be ready to send with the armor add ons ? Or there is one on here. Really nice for 240. Wait for yours or get that one ordered?

You will need to send a USD $300 deposit by Sept.13 so i can start casting your FOTK armor set. :) Target date for these to ship is mid October. As for the Phasma parts, I don't know when exactly i can have the helmet or upgrades ready. Work has been started on the helmet but completion will depend on how accurate we can get it on the first try. Of course it's your choice if you want to buy Phasma bucket from anyone else and it would not be an issue. I can let you know when Phasma upgrades will be available as soon as i have an idea. Rest assured we are working on it, because our garrison needs a Phasma as well. Where are you located so i can pm you a shipping quote?

One slot left for the September run. Next run will hopefully be late October for a November target.

ok, yeah I'm in!! I will send the deposit.total to send? receipt emailed? My zip code for shipping is 49428 I will go with your helmet also. Will the helmet be 3D printed or cast? If 3D print, can you print it slightly smaller than standard? I have a smaller head. 22" circumfrence. PayPal or what for payment??

Last edited:

ok, yeah I'm in!! I will send the deposit.total to send? receipt emailed? My zip code for shipping is 49428 I will go with your helmet also. Will the helmet be 3D printed or cast? If 3D print, can you print it slightly smaller than standard? I have a smaller head. 22" circumfrence. PayPal or what for payment??
Ok! I'll add you to the list. Down payment is USD $300 via paypal to jimmiroquai@yahoo.com. And shipping to just the armor is $167 to be paid with the balance once it's ready to ship, mid October. If the Phasma parts are ready by then, the helmet will have to be packed in a separate box and shipped separately. If not, i'll send your fotk armor first. Thanks again!

Where is these shipping from and what is expected shipping time? transition for everything to arrive?? Just curious. Will I have it by first or second week of October?

This ships from the Philippines as stated in the start of the thread. :) It will take some time to cast and clean the sets so these ship out 2nd or 3rd week of October. Shipping takes 2-3weeks. So it should get to you by end Of Oct or early November. :)

My fiberglass guy will let me know by next week if he can accommodate more sets and still deliver on time. This will depend on materials and man power. So the waiting list is still open. Next and last run for the year will be in mid October with a target release of early to mid-November.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back