Sourcing Electronics, Servos, Arduinos and how to make it all work.

sandbagger

Master Member
I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread that might lead people to all the right places to find the bits and pieces that go into augmenting armoured suits.

Particularly Iron Man but there are lots of others that need lighting, pop-up weapon pods, flight control flaps etc etc.

I should state that I'm in Australia so if anyone is asking for sourcing/suppliers, it would also help if you state where you are so the answers are relevant.

Suggested format: I'll start with mine - something like this:

Cosplay: Iron Man MK IV (Photograph below)

Meduim: Steel (insert whatever yours is - foam, pep/fibreglass etc)

Intent: To add moving parts and functionality to an armoured suit.

Needs: Lighting, servo motors, relevant power supply, (batteries) controlling CPU (e.g Arduino) and how to instructions/tutorials.

Specific needs: Low-profile FPV video glasses with miniature wide-angle camera (colour)

Electronic skills: Basic soldering of wires

Computer code/command/writing skills: Nil

Fabrication skills: PLENTY, welding, fibreglass, metal and wood work.

So, hopefully those who have experience in one or more of these things can pass on their knowledge and advice not only as to where to get all this stuff, but how to put it all together and make it work.

I look forward to ANY help I can get.

SB

WW09LTE.jpg

When it comes to sourcing my parts, usually eBay and Amazon have been my best friend. Adafruit.com is based out of the U.S. But they have some great arduino tutorials that are easy to understand and their products are top notch

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm researching all your leads to come up with a plan as I am stating out with absolutely no idea on electronics at all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back