Rocketeer Rocketpack 3D printed

Very cool, Being in Australia, a $1000usd pack from MIM, quickly becomes a $1800usd ($2500aud :( ) pack, with shipping, import taxes and conversion rates. Would so love to have the opportunity to print one of these. If I knew it existed, I would have saved the files for when my printer arrives. I hope Dan has the heart to help share some Rocketeer love to honest builders who'd appreciate the work that's gone into it. :D

Last edited:
I remember finding that same kit for $1,000. I want to do a Rocketeer so badly, but $1,000! I'm eager to see this completed. Looks awesome so far!

This is amazing! I'm currently doing a Rocketeer build myself (should probably make a thread on it). Watching this thread to see what the artist says. Already have PVC tubes and a 3D model of the center pieces, but if 3D models of the cones and the like were made available, that'd make my pack so much easier to build. Either way, keep up the awesome job.

Okay... Now that I'm back from salt lake comic con and fully rested, it's back to work time. I started sanding, filling and priming pieces in addition to printing up more parts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444603660.161378.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which maker bot is that ?

Replicator 2. It's been a total champ. Only had one issue with a plastic part, but that was because I didn't keep up with lubrication of the moving parts like I should. Won't make that mistake again. *Cue punny jokes* =)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

More progress. Not very exciting but at least it's coming together! Btw, the camera angle makes it seem shorter than it is. It's the same measurements as the ones provided on the other rocketeer threads.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445015107.195338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445015116.794063.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445015177.550841.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back