ZORG Industries ZF-1 Remote(s)

KrokoHunter

Sr Member
Well .. I did a pretty good score today....

remote01.jpg
remote02.jpg

So I guess I'll be doing a small handfull of ZORG Industries ZF-1 Remotes in the coming days (still need to get the yellow tape ordered). All 4 games have been tested and are all in working condition. I don't plan to try and reprogram the chip myself (have no glue how to .... or any interest in doing so) ..... but since I'll probably end up selling a couple, it's good to know that the buyers have the opportunity themselves ...

I plan to carefully dismantle them, and remove all electronics before painting the chassis and buttons. This will be to insure that all buttons and electronics still work after the painting :)

Stay tuned....

Dang! I've been looking for one of these for a while now but always seem to miss them. Congrats and good luck with the builds!

Thanks mate .... yeah I've been looking for a while as well .. and then suddenly out of the blue, I found a seller living 30km from me, selling four ...... with pickup only .... and I actually had to go to the pickup city anyways for another appointment ..... it was as if it was meant to be :)

All 4 games are now disassembled - electronic parts and screw are bagged (prints in antistatic bags)
So the chassis and buttons are ready for a wash before a layer of primer

remote03.jpg

Sorry for the long wait ... been traveling a lot this month ... but now I'm back in the workshop working one these plus some Studio Scale projects.

I just gave the chassis a second coat of matt black, and they seem to be good now ... if so, then I'll start assembling them again tomorrow .. shouldn't take long, but have a concert tomorrow evening .. so not much time for propstuff tomorrow ....

I've prepped the yellow reflective tape ..... instead of mounting it directly on the screen, I've mounted it on a thin piece of styrene ... this way it's easy to go back to the original screen, in case somebody wants to program the chip ..... or just play the game :D

I'm going to F.A.C.T.S. in Belgium this weekend .... they will be done by then, and be on display :)

remote04.jpg

Done .. well almost done ... one of the games is missing the back piece, as it got a scratch in the paint (this was how I decided not to attach the metal "foot" from the original case :) )

I'm a bit in doubts with the electronics ... two of the screens more or less fell of the print board (old junk ;-) ) ...... and I could only get sound in one of the games ... my theory is that the .5mm styrene + tape is pushing the print board so much backwards that it looses contact with the battery ...... so if the styrene is remove (to view the actual screen) there should be a fair chance of it all working again :/

The picture turned out "not great" .. (on my way out to a concert .. but I'll bring a remote to work tomorrow and shoot some proper pics

remote05.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back