Necronaut's DeAgostini 32" Falcon Build

Nice work on the hallway panels bro! Great look. Am working on mine now! :) Still have the forward wall to do as well on mine! Love the work you've done so far!

I blame Hope4Sun for this endeavour. I am totally eating my words from a couple weeks ago on this topic by the way:

This is the original set of top plates from the first few issues. I am going to try and re-carve and correct some of the flaws in this area. So far, I have just carved and filed in the step between the panels. The only tools I used are seen in the photo. Before I move forward, does it look the part?

Really enjoying your whole build and great work again on the panel lines :cool hopefully my hold looks any where as good as yours when I finally start it.

Andy

I think your work on the top parts are looking great. Good luck with the notches. Also, you are really going to town in the hold area. Love the floor grates and all the added detail.

Not meaning to Necro post, but I just saw this thread. I see you've applied the same level of detail as you did with your ESB gauntlets on your Fett build. I love your threads, they're usually a very detailed "Hold my beer, I'm about to show you how it's done" scenario!!!

All the best,
Main

Thanks! I just finished my Ghostbusters Halloween cosplay, complete with a proton pack build thread on GBFans. I've just recently picked up this kit again (up to Pack 72, and 73-376 are shipping Monday) and am detailing the gun wells. I just finished building the maintenance pits all over the ship. I'll be updating this thread in the next couple days with some pics.

Hi. I hope you don't mind me picking your brain, but I've just started on the DeAgostini Falcon myself, and I love what you've done, but am more of an intermediate modeler. So if I may ask:

1) Does it make sense to paint as you go, or go back and do that after assembly? I'm trying to decide as I'm getting close to the end of the cockpit, and trying to decide if I want to tackle customizing it now or later.

2) Those photo-etch kits, are they worth it? Can I add those later, or should I really just be grabbing them right now?

Thanks!

2)

Time to resurrect and finish this build.

I’ve dragged out all my old issues and have finished most of the assembly. Time for some paint.
IMG_8571.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back