Interest Fallout 3 - T-51b Power Armor Helmet from 3d Printed Master***Update In Last Post***

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Hey there guys, looking to gauge interest here on my T-51b Power Armor helmet. Been getting lots of posts and PM's about this one, so I figure it's time to start seeing who's interested. Please bear in mind that this is still an active project.

Here's a render of the helmet, modeled by my good friend Cassius (Cassius Props).

SveWcYR.png
[/IMG]

EDITED 8/5/2018
Go to my last post (post #65 on page 3) for the
latest information on this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fallout 3 - T-51b Power Armor Helmet from 3d Printed Master

Any plans to sell the files themselves for those of us who have printers?

Hi GhostMinion, im definitely interested..............

Bump for interest.

Here's the current state of the main lid. Should have an update on some of the small parts soon.

t51%20progress%201_zpsk04tvswu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
t51%20progress%203_zpswpclqp23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll let my brain stew on hoses. I'm sure they wouldn't have to be custom made, nor overly expensive.

Visors, would vacforming work?

I'll let my brain stew on hoses. I'm sure they wouldn't have to be custom made, nor overly expensive.

Visors, would vacforming work?

One of the biggest reasons I'll be custom making the hoses is to achieve complete and total onscreen accuracy. This has been my goal with all the helmets, all along. For some helmets, like the Hellfire helmet, the cost of onscreen accuracy is the inability to actually wear it (thankfully not the case with this one). While many have made awesome builds using various real hoses, those hoses never match the geometries of the hoses in the game. I've never been able to find or source anything that looks even remotely close, the closest thing being the type of hose that runs from your car door to the car cabin itself, sort of an accordion-like hose. These are never long at all, and wouldn't be very affordable anyways.

It's really not a big deal at all to make them from a printed master, you see. Just another part. The undetermined part of that equation is what I cast them in. I'd love for them to be rubber, and to be stiff enough to hold shape. I've even thought about how I could cast them hollow, so the weight does not cause sagging in the hose line. Really, it's likely going to be a trial and error sort of thing. I suspect I'll experiment with a couple different options.

As for the visors.........well, yes vacuum forming would be a good option. I just don't have access to one. It seems it would be less expensive for everyone all around if I made them in house, so I'll likely cast them up the same as everything else. I have two pressure pots, so I figured it would be easier to cast them.

Interested too!

Got you down. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back