Edward Scissorhands gloves - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
This is a project I had in mind for quite some time but due to it’s complexity I kept delaying it.
Finally decided to start working on it. It will be a home made very low budget build. It will not be perfect and it will not be 100% accurate, but I’ll sure give it time and dedication.
As I did with the Holy Lance, the blades on the gloves will also be made of heavy cardboard (other materials will of course be metal and leather)

1-
Getting started:

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg PIC4.jpg

PIC5.jpg PIC6.jpg PIC7.jpg PIC9.jpg

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

PIC3.jpg

PIC4.jpg

PIC5.jpg

PIC6.jpg

PIC7.jpg

PIC9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Edward Scissorhands gloves - WIP

sweet ...it will be fun to see!
might even have them done in time for halloween!

Cardboard cuted, glued, sanded and painted metalic silver. Scissors handles also cuted. Started painting

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg

PIC4.jpg PIC5.jpg

want to make them look like real metal?!?!?!
go down to the hardware shop and pick up some aluminum tape!
wrap those puppies in it and bang super awesome!
aluminum-tape.jpg

This still is one of the props om my whishlist. Really looking forward on how these turn out...

Looking great. With the aluminum tape and a good paint / weather job, these could turn out fantastic.

Would you add your reference pics here, too? please :)

Yes, no problem. I'll do it tomorrow or the day after. Sadly there aren't that many detailed / HR pics of the gloves on the web. There are quite a few shots but all at a distance. It was not easy to find reference pics to really see how Stan made these gloves (a great "complicated" work, btw)

Looking great. With the aluminum tape and a good paint / weather job, these could turn out fantastic.

Thanks

Time for the display...

It had to be functional and it couldn't bend forwards with the hand's weight. And above all it had to be cheap.
After a lot of thinking i came up with this simple idea (an empty water bottle, fake sand, electric wires and black fabric):

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg PIC4.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back