Force Awakens Luke costume

Now, all I'm waiting for are pics of whatever action figures might be coming out-c'mon Hot Toys, daddy needs a new point of reference!

I'm not entirely convinced the color is correct. Sometimes when they laser scan a character from a movie they dress them in either white or brighter colors cause it helps with the laser scan detail. Look at all the stacks of cameras around him. It might be a part of that process. I dunno, just spitballin here.

I'm not entirely convinced the color is correct. Sometimes when they laser scan a character from a movie they dress them in either white or brighter colors cause it helps with the laser scan detail. Look at all the stacks of cameras around him. It might be a part of that process. I dunno, just spitballin here.

I'm loving this build, but I'm thinking the same thing about the color. Just thinking about the trailer, when he puts his hand on Artoo, he's wearing a dark robe.

If you know any spoilers, there are rumors as to what would explain this, but I'll just keep that to myself (since I'm too lazy to learn how to do spoiler tags).

Yeah, I get that. I'm just working with what is out there right now. I can easily make a different robe if it comes to that.

I'm loving this build, but I'm thinking the same thing about the color. Just thinking about the trailer, when he puts his hand on Artoo, he's wearing a dark robe.

If you know any spoilers, there are rumors as to what would explain this, but I'll just keep that to myself (since I'm too lazy to learn how to do spoiler tags).
Thanks, glad you're liking the build. As I mentioned to Luuke, I can make another robe if I need to. Just need more pics!

I took a robe I made in '89 and threw it on-look better? IMG_2208.JPG

I love the creative use of that black plastic belt buckle ... nice heavy robe too ... just the way I like them to be :)

Chaim

I'm hoping for more reference in time to put one together for halloween but I might have to do a jedi luke and do this closer to the movie...

Looks good based on the only reference available...one cool thing is my beard is grey in just the right spots for old luke LOL

I agree with the scan theory that the colors are different. I remember seeing episode III behind the scenes stuff and I saw a complete Darth Vader costume that was white and off white.

IMG_2279.JPGFinally got the robe dyed! And now that I take another look at Old Luke, I think he might be wearing a cloak, not a robe. Back to the sewing machine!

Finally got the robe dyed! And now that I take another look at Old Luke, I think he might be wearing a cloak, not a robe. Back to the sewing machine!

Yeah, I would agree with that: Looks like Luke is wearing a cloak, not a robe, like he did in Jabba's palace in ROTJ. The big tip off to me for that is that brief shot in the last trailer you see of Luke putting his hand on R2.

Luke Sleeve.jpg

Yeah, I would agree with that: Looks like Luke is wearing a cloak, not a robe, like he did in Jabba's palace in ROTJ. The big tip off to me for that is that brief shot in the last trailer you see of Luke putting his hand on R2.

View attachment 529876

I know this is a crazy thought but this just hit me. What if this isn't Luke? Forgive me for the crazed fan theory and if this is confirmed to be Luke through other posts that I haven't read, but what if this is someone else? The only reason that I say this at all is because of his hand. I know that the whole prosthetic hand can change, maybe he needed a new one, maybe something happened to his old one, and also that special effects back then for a robotic hand all the time would have been a hassle. Yet his hand was made with a synthetic skin in ESB and ROTJ. He wears a black glove to cover the fraying wires and metal that were showing when his hand sustained a blaster shot in ROTJ, but he still had synthetic skin. So why would he go back to a bare metal hand? Maybe this was one of those "Just for the trailer" scenes that are common in movies, but it's still a thought I can't get rid of. Why would he wear two different robe/cloak styles? why would his hand be different? The cloaked figure also appears to be rather thin under that wardrobe. Maybe its just the angle he (or maybe even she?) is sitting at that makes him look thin, but so far that's 3 things that I notice that just seems off from the photo at the beginning.

TL;DR What if it isn't Luke next to R2?? :eek Seriously though am I crazy or has anyone else thought this??

I'm like 75% sure its Luke in the trailer, touching R2. The only thing throwing me off is the hand; everything else screams "Luke" to me: he's with R2D2, he has a robotic right hand, he's wearing a cloak, the voice over from Mark Hamill also is indicating it.

I'm pretty sure Luke is wearing this outfit (from ROTJ), but in a white/cream color scheme instead with a longer outer tunic and tabard as a throw back to Old Ben plus his ROTJ belt over the obi and a cloak (a la Jabba's palace entrance also from ROTJ).

vlcsnap-2015-09-17-18h14m04s990.png

But that's all speculation from me. I could be completely wrong considering we have one leaked photo and a 2 second long clip of someone who MIGHT be Luke.

The robotic hand looks awfuly sinister for a benevolent Jedi, still no where near a bad as the T800/Skeletor hand they gave Anakin at the end of AotC.

I know this is a crazy thought but this just hit me. What if this isn't Luke? Forgive me for the crazed fan theory and if this is confirmed to be Luke through other posts that I haven't read, but what if this is someone else? The only reason that I say this at all is because of his hand. I know that the whole prosthetic hand can change, maybe he needed a new one, maybe something happened to his old one, and also that special effects back then for a robotic hand all the time would have been a hassle. Yet his hand was made with a synthetic skin in ESB and ROTJ. He wears a black glove to cover the fraying wires and metal that were showing when his hand sustained a blaster shot in ROTJ, but he still had synthetic skin. So why would he go back to a bare metal hand? Maybe this was one of those "Just for the trailer" scenes that are common in movies, but it's still a thought I can't get rid of. Why would he wear two different robe/cloak styles? why would his hand be different? The cloaked figure also appears to be rather thin under that wardrobe. Maybe its just the angle he (or maybe even she?) is sitting at that makes him look thin, but so far that's 3 things that I notice that just seems off from the photo at the beginning.

TL;DR What if it isn't Luke next to R2?? :eek Seriously though am I crazy or has anyone else thought this??

my theory is, he pulled the fake skin off to remind him, if you go down the dark path he'll most likely end up like his father "suffering". Kinda like how Luke snaps out of his rage when he cuts off vaders hand then looks at his own robot hand...

as for it being Luke with r2. It's pretty much been confirmed, if your check out the spoiler section. I haven't read too much in there but once I saw this scene I knew I had to answer it. And sure enough the scene is explained

- - - Updated - - -

The robotic hand looks awfuly sinister for a benevolent Jedi, still no where near a bad as the T800/Skeletor hand they gave Anakin at the end of AotC.

The hand has a very ironman feel to me, I like it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back