Vision - Avengers: AoU

imnotahero

I'm sculpting Paul Bettany as 'Vision from Avengers: Age of Ultron.
viso.jpg
The plan was to sculpt as much of the sharp details as I could, make a casting and then sand and engrave them to a more polished finish.
IMG_5399.jpg
But the more I sculpted the more I realized it would be easier to just sculpt a likeness and then build up the details using hobby store styrene strips.
vis.jpg
This likeness was a challenge to work out because the CG effects work they did on Vision actually shrank the sides of his head in. It also means the shape of his head changes slightly from shot to shot.

Very nice work so far. I like your approach of doing the base first and doing the rest of the work with hard edge modeling.

The last shop I worked at was hired to do a vision makeup, and this is giving me horrible flash backs of carefully preserving each and every razor sharp edge of clay in the molding process. :lol

I just recently cosplayed Vision and this looks so great. It would have been cool to have something like this to spin and reference while I was planning and building the prosthetics.

This is looking spot on man. What did you use to get that texture on the cheek panels?

I found a flat piece of styrene with those grooves at a hobby shop. I tried using a heat gun to make it soft so I could press it on the bust, but I had trouble warming the plastic uniformly and keeping it from warping.

So I took a quick silicone mold off of the grooved styrene and then I cast a very thin layer of Smoothcast resin from that mold. I peeled the resin off the mold after it had turned white but before it became rigid. Then I pressed the sheet of resin onto the bust in place. Then trimmed it to the correct shape.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back