THE FIFTH ELEMENT - Korben Dallas Trophies

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
front_zpso4hacpzv.jpg

back_zpsknnqvpjv.jpg

size_zpshplacr5x.jpg

Everytime I watch the film, I think about making those. How'd you do it?

Last time I watched the film, I noted (for the first time), that in his little display area there he has a now-out-of-date Brazilian National Football team small banner. Out of date because they only had three or four World Cup stars on the banner at the time.

Last edited:
Very nice! Making any available for sale?

How did you do the lettering on the base? It looks so clean! The whole thing is clean!

Last edited:
Very nice! Making any available for sale?

How did you do the lettering on the base? It looks so clean! The whole thing is clean!

i will offer a run if there is enough interest.

the laser etched signature on the bases were done by our very own BIRDIE , very nice job he did and very quick turnaround.

i was going to go down the route of rub down or water slide decals but it was too much hassle.

i grafted the plates onto a laser cut base so it looked like a solid piece

yes the castings are VERY clean, thanks for noticing :D

-z

I'd be super interested in a run, depending on price. It's one of the most underrated movies out there, in my opinion. You have to find real movie and sci-fi fans to find people that love it.

well i uploaded some more in progress pics, i didn't take as many as i thought, :(

the bottom base part was turned in wood with the 4 raised panels vac formed over a buck and glued on. the yellow piece was also turned on my lathe, it took forever to get rid of the wood grain. the oak leaves were made with sculpey individually and attached one at a time.:cry

the 'medallion' head pieces were cast separately as the point where it joins the shaft part is very thin, there was no way resin was going to support that lump without snapping off at some point. i embedded a metal bar into the heads which extend a couple of inches into the medallion. once they are slotted into the base pieces they are VERY solid.

the rough texture around the birds was done with that aerosol stone effect spray, left to dry properly then thick layers of paint over it to smooth it out a bit.

the finished pieces in the first post were given a satin clear coat which really dulled down the gold which i was a bit annoyed at but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I think it's cool that you made these trophies. To me, they're one of those things that would look great on a shelf but most people wouldn't have a clue what they're for unless they love the movie.

If you ever offer copies for sale, I'd be interested. :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back