Peggy Carter as Captain America build

As soon as it has straps, you got it!

Speaking of, here is the final paint job and then the distressing before clear coat.
IMG_0470.jpgIMG_0551.jpg

So sorry for the break between updates! I just went back to work full time this week and have had little time.

Honestly, there isn't much more to do, but I got impatient the other night waiting for the straps for my shield to arrive and put the full costume on minus the boots and wig(which I have yet to buy or make).

IMG_0594.jpg

Speaking of my shield, does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the straps? I purchased short stirrups (basically 14" stirrup leathers) which are exactly what I was looking for, but I had issue getting worbla to stick to the back without simply peeling off and taking paint with it. I finally hot glued down a strip with wire behind it because the mat board just did not want to keep a curve. Any suggestions on attaching the straps? Epoxy?

Thanks!

Try locite 5 minute epoxy it has 3200 psi rating I used it with my heater shield and the straps are still holding strong especially with the cross body sling. Can't wait to see the whole outfit :)

Up date time!

I finally had a break in my day at work to head over to a local beauty supply/wig supply store. I am not comfortable ordering wigs online simply because I was burned with bad color matching in the past. I also work at a theatre company in the wig department, so I'm a little picky ;).

This is the girl I finally purchased:
IMG_0806.jpg

This was the original roll set that turned out to be too large, so I rerolled her in smaller curlers, but forgot to snap a pic, apologies.
IMG_0808.jpg

And after style:
IMG_0824.jpgIMG_0825.jpgIMG_0826.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg

Stay tuned for a shot of the full look some time this week!

Finally!! I brought my wig home the other night and aside from a belt for these still-man-sized-pants that I have, the costume is done! I altered the wig style just a tad to make it more accurate to Cap 1 Peg and did a little try-on of the full thing (minus make up, contacts and nail polish) tonight to see it all together.

IMG_0927.JPGIMG_0937.JPGIMG_0966.JPG

(Sorry for the photo orientation, not sure why that happens)

Thanks for all the words of encouragement as I built this crazy thing! I can't wait to show her off at NYCC! Should be wearing her Friday and Sunday, so please say hello if you are there!

Thank you!

Hayley isn't listed as being at NYCC this year. I'm crossing my fingers for some good announcements in the next 10 days and that she is among them! Friend of mine who is going as DDD and I want to get a photo with her pretty badly. Also, why have a Marvel booth and not do a signing? C'mob, NYCC, don't let me down!

Ahh okay cool! I'll be in my AoU suit on Saturday, BUT I'll be Steve in his SSR/Captain's uniform on sunday! Hopefully I'll spot you then.

Aw, I hope so! Saturday my friends and I are doing an original group we are calling the Stark Girls. We will be wearing the Hot Topic/Her Universe Stark bomber jackets with pencil skirts, heels, aviators and stewardess scarves. Still would be a fun picture if we see each other. I'll keep an eye out for you!

Final product!

Thank you everyone that commented, that I met this weekend at NYCC and who followed this build. Peggy was SO well received that I was overwhelmed with emotion by Monday morning. What an amazing community we have joined. I had a professional shoot on Friday and will post those photos once I get the edited ones from the photographer. Big thanks to Cos Couture for these ones!

IMG_1122.JPGIMG_1123.JPG

It was really nice meeting you! Sad we didn't get to run into eachother either of the times when I was in 40s Cap, but it was still cool chatting with you and Mike for a bit!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back