Dredd X 2

Knees and elbows ...

IMG_3334.jpg

Those came out Nice!!! I hadn't had a chance to see the should sets since you finished them. The templates had looked really awesome when you showed them to me at the shop the other day. Even though these costumes are a different part of that universe, it kinda makes me want to make the food recycling machine that Rob Schneider gets caught in so I have a reason to walk around cover in spaghetti noodles, and i can just repeat "I am the Law," all day in worst possible Stallone accent that I can muster.

So ...
I missed my second deadline. ComicCon was upon me and I still had the strapping on the holsters, the trimming and punching of the belt, and the padding of the helmets unfinished. I really would have liked to weather it first too.
(Sigh)
I'm still going to finish the costumes for next Halloween/ComicCon. I'd really like to re-do the body plates on the vest - I don't think they would have lasted an hour in use. And I'm still cleaning up all the diagrams and drawings I created to post here for everyone to use. :)

Don't be disheartened, it just means you have even more time to make it perfect and when it is finished you'll have even more time to start the next project.
I can't wait to see the diagrams; Dredd is my first project and I need all the guidance I can get!

take your time, remember what happened when you rushed your iron man costume last year.

funny-cosplay-costumes-3.png

but seriously when its right its ready

LOL - Thanks Gothic
Judderman - here are diagrams for most of the Medikit stuff! I think they explain themselves, but if I need to elaborate anywhere, let me know.

Suture Stapler diagram3.pngSuture Stapler diagram2.pngSuture Stapler diagram1.pngMedikit pouch diagram2.pngmedikit elastic boards diagram.pngInjector:Lancet diagram.pngFoam applicator diagram.pngMedikit pouch diagram1.png

Last edited:
Currently working on a pdf of the build diagrams for the Lawgiver. It's at 90 pages. Since I used the Planet Replicas stl files, which are sold as "for private use only", would this be a breach of that agreement? I rebuilt those computer models from scratch, modified and simplified them, and then split them up into layers to build it from the load of mat board I had on hand. I don't want to make Planet Replicas angry, since they were good enough to offer these files to the community. What does the forum think?

-- I got it down to 67 pages by packing the graphics a bit tighter! :) --

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure. What do you mean exactly by "used the Planet Replicas stl files"? If it's their files that are just modified then I imagine it is a breach of the agreement.

Well, I originally bought the Planet Replicas stl files with the intention of getting them 3D printed. When I opened them up in my 3D modeling software, I noticed tons of excess geometry and shapes that were not fully enclosed. I don't know a lot about 3D printing, but I do know that shapes must be "watertight" - no holes or missing polygons. So I started going over each part and cleaning them up as best I could. I quickly gave up on that and used the original parts as templates to build a new model from scratch. During this time, I discovered Glock's campaign to eliminate any airsoft guns or toys copying their look or design. There are still a few out there, but not many. I located a Glock 26 toy at a local convenience store and, as the barrel is just a bit shorter and the trigger and grip are very similar, I decided to base my Lawgiver on that. I had to modify only a couple of parts. I also realized that I'd have to do a lot of modification because a lot of the parts have thin walls (the thinnest approx. 1.5mm) which, from my research, would be a problem with 3D printing. This may not be as bad as I thought, but I was on a tight deadline and needed to be certain the first try would be relatively successful. I had some scrap mat board on hand that was about 1.5mm thick, so I set about rebuilding my new model in 1.5mm layers, similar to the stapler in the Medikit I did earlier. I converted the layers to vector art and printed them on paper, which I spray glued onto the mat board. After cutting the layers out, I was able to glue them together into a set of reasonable parts. They were a slight bit off, because the mat board wasn't exactly 1.5mm, but they were close enough to fit together with a little adjustment.

What I was intending on posting were cleaned up and organized versions of the vector art diagrams I created. I guess since the final parts this would allow the end user to create GREATLY resemble the parts that the original stl files would produce, that would be a breach of the agreement?

Since you are using the PR law giver files for your own build which you paid for and not using to resell, you are fine.

I just bought the .stl files from Planet Replicas and I was wondering if you could maybe post some advice on making them into vector art.
At £8.75 I don't think it would kill anyone interested from buying the original files from PR as a courtesy then using your vector art, but that's only if you're comfortable doing that.

Like they say: it's all in the details.

And I think you're nailing it! What an amazing build and progress. Looking at the post dates you've been on fire :)
Just started on the helmet myself and ordered all needed chemicals to continue.
I'll come back a lot to check this thread for extra inspiration. (and search up some stuff like mat board and other materials you used :confused . Still a lot to learn)
keep up the good work!

I just bought the .stl files from Planet Replicas and I was wondering if you could maybe post some advice on making them into vector art.
At £8.75 I don't think it would kill anyone interested from buying the original files from PR as a courtesy then using your vector art, but that's only if you're comfortable doing that.

Jud, I work in IP law and it REALLY depends what country you are in. In most countries, the "the open license" provisio made by an originator is good enough. In some more primitive countries (relatively speaking) like Canada, you can't produce it more than once and only in the form that it was delivered to you. It would contravene to switch file types or even change the medium on which you received it, such as copying it between hard drive and another medium for transport. Not even kidding. On the other hand, most countries are so backward about IP because they don't have the resources to modernize - so they don't have the capacity to undertake enforcement action, either. So unless Paramount or Games Workshop is getting their knickers in a bunch to lodge a motion in a court, you are not in any really jeopardy.

Sorry for the high-jack. Loving this build. I was checking Walmart out specifically to see if I could get that plastic Glock 17ish. Can you believe I learned to use a sowing machine to do a lot of this stuff. But it is brutal hard finding ballistic nylon by the yard.

medical kits look great, you didn't say what Halloween so its all good :p wanted mine done for may but.....................................s*** happens (if the moderators read this it stuff....cough)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back