Dredd X 2

Here are my diagrams for the breaching mine pouch, the flashbang holder, and the zipcuff loop. These were done by eye from screencaps, promotional pics, and auction pics, so may not be 100% accurate. I tried to make them a little cleaner and easier to use than the last ones (I'll go back and clean those up too).

Breaching Mine pouch diagram.jpgZipcuff loop.jpgFlashbang holder diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Gas grenade holders are done.

IMG_3186.jpgIMG_3188.jpgIMG_3189.jpg

My fingers hurt from hand stitching leather. About halfway through, I realized I was supposed to punch the holes first. Sometimes the obvious eludes.
Here's the diagram -

Gas Grenade holder diagram.jpg

Thanks cavedweller - gonna try to post all my diagrams and patterns as I go. (Still have to do the same with last year's Jaffa armor!)

Working on the medikit gadgets.

IMG_3202.jpg
Chopped up some cheap mechanical pencils and added sewing needles and a clear cap (from mechanical pencil eraser refills) to make the hypos.

IMG_3212.jpg
Picked up these scissors from Amazon.

IMG_3205.jpgIMG_3207.jpg
Carved up some PVC pipe for the foam applicators.

IMG_3211.jpg
Carved up some more of the same PVC pipe (ends filled with bondo) to make the lancets.

Still working with the suture stapler and the pouch.

Finally - another update! I was hoping to have this for Halloween, but it may not happen.

IMG_3206.jpgIMG_3216.JPG
More layered mat board and some spray-on texture for the staplers. Seen from the side, they look ok, but I'm fairly sure they need to be a bit thicker.

IMG_3210.jpgIMG_3213.JPGIMG_3214.JPG
I wanted the medikit pouch to be a bit stiffer, so I made it from more Kydex. Had to make a couple more forms and used a ton of superglue for the hinges, but they seem to work pretty well.

IMG_3222.JPGIMG_3223.JPGIMG_3224.JPG
Here they are painted and loaded up.

Thanks for the comments!
Doing a lot of sewing lately, but I've been working on these on my lunch hour at work.

IMG_3233.JPG
That's a cut up toy Glock 26 pistol, some resin bullets, a piece of PVC pipe, and over 220 pieces of mat board glued together into 19 parts. I'm hoping to assemble them over the next few days (I have parts for two Lawgivers). Halloween is getting close, so I won't be able to clean these up as much as I'd like, but I may do more finishing work on them before Comic Con New Orleans.
The templates are based on the Planet Replicas files.

Last edited:
These went together really fast!

IMG_3238.JPGIMG_3239.JPG

Not exactly the level of quality I was wanting, but they'll do for Halloween. I have experience on how the Lawgiver goes together now, so when I get time I'll build up a good one for display.

We have male and female pants!

IMG_3254.JPGIMG_3255.JPGIMG_3256.JPGIMG_3257.JPG
The most breathable faux leather and faux suede I could find and a few vinyl parts.
I had to abandon the idea of sewing the jackets for now, and I ordered some cheap faux leather jackets from Amazon. Those should work for Halloween.
I had to stop posting the diagrams for now so I can concentrate on the build. I still intend to post 'em, don't worry!

As you might guess, I missed my Halloween deadline. I'm still working hard on the costumes though. My deadline is now for Comic Con New Orleans (January 8-10), so I should beat this one.

This build is utterly awe-inspiring. The level of detail, and the skill involved? I have to make an extra special hat, just so I can take it off in respect.

Drokkin' amazing.

Thanks all! I'm still working hard on this project.

IMG_3296.JPG
Here's one of the jackets I picked up. It has the correct type of collar, ribbing at the elbows and sides, and caps on the shoulders.

IMG_3297.JPGIMG_3298.JPG
These vests are kicking my butt. Almost done though. The plastic I had for the shoulders didn't work out, so I ordered some black sintra for the base. Hoping to sculpt the designs on them with layered foam .

Gloves!

IMG_3301.jpg
These are O'Neal Butch Carbon Fiber gloves. I think they're the gloves which donated their knuckles and finger bits to the screen used Dredd gloves. I stripped off the original velcro wrist strap, sewed some plastic ridges across the back of the hand, and added the cuffs with a new velcro strap.

Left shoulders are done!

IMG_3319.jpg
That's a solid base of black sintra, a thin layer of craft foam, and two sculpted layers of 5mm exercise mat (only one layer of 5mm for the lowers). A coating of black Plasti-dip and dry-brushing with Golden's Iridescent Gold Deep.

Vests are complete - finally!

IMG_3333.jpgIMG_3332.jpg
Hand sewing all those plates is a pain. There are a lot of different straps and elastic in there. I lost count how many times I sewed a plate on, turned the vest over, and I had unknowingly sewn right through a strap.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back